The CV Meridian - Functions Chart
There Are 24 Points Along The (CV) Conception Vessel Meridian ...
The CV Meridian Functions Chart
CV 2 Curved Bone
- Generally useful for Deficiency and Cold-Type Genito-urinary issues - retention of urine, dribbling urine, frequent urination.
- Main point for feminine discharges, "red and white" discharges (leukorrhea) along with other sexual/menstrual issues - dysmenorrhea, irregular cycles.
- Male sexual issues such as impotence a/or seminal emission as well as any problems with the genitals (dryness, itching, dampness, pain).
CV 3 Central Pole
- Generally useful for Excess-Type Genito-urinary disorders.
- Urinary disorders from excess heat, stagnation a/or dampness - cystitis, dark/burning/urgent/frequent urination, retention of urine.
- Main point for damp-heat in the genital area - genital itching w/sensation of heat, rashes, genital herpes, impotence, seminal emission.
- Yin excess accumulations - masses below the umbilicus, cold lower abdomen.
- Moving and cooling point for Gynecological disorders - dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, fibroids, leukorrhea, uterine bleeding, uterine prolapse.
- Running Piglet Disorder.
CV 4 Origin Pass
- Generally, useful for deficiencies of Yin, Yang, Qi & Blood.
- Main point for tonifying Prenatal Qi - exhaustion, weakness, chronic fatigue/diseases.
- Main point for Kidney deficiencies of Qi, Jing a/or Yang - low back pain, bone disorders, early morning (5 a.m., "cock-crow") diarrhea. rectal prolapse.
- Genito-urinary issues with Deficient a/or Cold Patterns - incontinence, clear copious urine, nocturia.
- Main point for all menstrual disorders with Deficient, Cold a/or Stagnation Patterns - scanty menstruation, pale blood.
- Sexual / Fertility Issues - infertility, impotence, seminal emission, amenorrhea, bleeding during pregnancy.
- Yang collapse - chills, profuse sweating, SOB, unconsciousness.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: An important point for the storage and development of Qi (energy), useful for deficiency conditions - weakness, shortness of breath, sexual issues. May also be used in Tong Ren (no needling) to ease delivery.
CV 5 Stone Gate
- Generally, useful for patterns of excess involving the lower abdomen a/or urinary tracts. Not used as often as other CV points.
- Mentioned classically to both cause and treat infertility, although the cause may merely be incorrect needling which is specifically mentioned. Modern texts have largely ignored these cautions.
- Useful for lower abdominal pain of an excess nature, genital pain/itching, shan disorders, hernia.
- Diarrhea, undigested food in stools, poor appetite, abdominal pain, edema.
CV 6 Sea of Qi
- Generally, useful for Qi tonification.
- Women's health - hernia, uterine bleeding, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation / cramps), amenorrhea, leukorrhea.
- Men's health - impotence, seminal emission, nighttime urinartion, hernia.
- Deficiencies of the lower and middle warmers - abdominal distention, bloating, edema, poor digestion, loose stools, diarrhea, fatigue.
- Tonify ST/SP Qi Deficiencies.
- Main point for prolapse of any type - rectum, uterus, etc. Lower abdominal and/or genital pain / swelling.
- Stroke, loss of consciousness, weakness of the muscles and body generally.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Main point for building and storing Qi (energy), useful for deficiency conditions - asthma, shortness of breath, general fatigue, etc.
CV 7 Yin Intersection
- This point is not used very often clinically, although its connections with the Chong, CV & KD meridians make it useful for Uterine and menstrual issues and running piglet disorder (similar to panic attacks).
- Abdominal pain, bloating, edema, hernia, genital pain.
- Irregular menstruation, uterine bleeding, leukorrhea.
CV 8 Spirit Gate
- Main point for extreme collapse of Yang especially leading to cold in the intestines - warms the stomach and helps digestive disorders.
- Diarrhea, particularly from internal deficiency, but generally if other methods do not work.
- Tonify body weakened from chronic illness/exhaustion.
- Revival point from shock (esp. involving cold - hypothermia, frostbite), stroke, epilepsy.
CV 12 Central Venter
- CV 12 is useful for middle warmer issues, whereas CV 10 is useful for lower warmer issues and CV 13 is useful for upper warmer issues.
- ST patterns arising from an excess or a deficiency, tonify deficient SP patterns (moxa useful) - nearly all digestive issues - pain, bloating, reflux, vomiting, diarrhea, jaundice.
- Hui Meeting Point - broad effect on the Fu (hollow) organs in the body.
- Stress related digestive disorders (nervous Stomach, heartburn, diarrhea) along with various symptoms such as insomnia, anxiety, etc. particularly from worry and/or overthinking..
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used for all digestive issues and esophagus issues, also useful for weight loss.
CV 13 Upper Venter
- CV 13 is useful for upper warmer issues (vomiting, hiatal hernia, hiccups, epigastric pain), whereas CV 12 is useful for middle warmer issues and CV 10 is useful for lower warmer issues.
- Abdominal pain a/or distention, epigastic pain, nausea, vomiting.
- Spleen deficiency related heart and emotional issues - insomnia, anxiety, palpitations, heart pain, running piglet, sensations of heat in the chest and/or body (possibly without sweating).
CV 14 Great Tower Gate
- Any Shen or Heart issue arising from an Excess or a Deficiency.
- Front Mu Point of the HT - angina, pain/tightness in the Heart area.
- Nausea, reflux, acid regurgitation, vomiting, abdominal a/or epigastric pain.
- Shen disturbances arising from Phlegm "misting the mind" - manic depression, muddled thinking, anger outbursts, poor memory, anxiety, palpitations, panic attacks, epilepsy.
- Descends lung qi - cough, asthma.
CV 17 Chest Center
- Main point for tonification of the upper warmer.
- Hui Meeting Point of the Qi - tonify and move the Qi of the body.
- Chronic lung issues - cough, asthma, SOB, diaphragmatic pain.
- Breast issues - insufficient lactation, mastitis.
- Chest/Throat issues (rattling in throat w/asthma, difficulty swallowing, palpitations), counterflow Qi problems - guides the Qi downwards.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Important point for overall Qi (energy) in the body, useful for asthma.
CV 22 Celestial Chimney
- All throat/vocal cord disorders - sore/dry throat, hoarseness, swallowing issues, speech issues such as loss of voice, cracked voice.
- Window of the Sky Point - useful for aphasia.
- Upper chest Qi/Stagnation issues - asthma, wheezing, pain in the upper chest, tightness, oppression.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc