Names Of Shi Men
CV 5 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Stone Gate
- Pinyin Name: Shi Men
- Chinese Character: 石門
Where Is CV 5 ?
What Is CV 5 Used For?
CV 5 Clinical Usages
- Generally, useful for patterns of excess involving the lower abdomen a/or urinary tracts. Not used as often as other CV points.
- Mentioned classically to both cause and treat infertility, although the cause may merely be incorrect needling which is specifically mentioned. Modern texts have largely ignored these cautions.
- Useful for lower abdominal pain of an excess nature, genital pain/itching, shan disorders, hernia.
- Diarrhea, undigested food in stools, poor appetite, abdominal pain, edema.
There Are 24 Points Along The (CV) Conception Vessel Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where CV 5 Is Discussed
- Chest and Abdomen Acupressure Points
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Moxibustion May Aid Crohn's Disease
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
- Simple Combination of 3 Acupuncture Points Suppresses Systemic Inflammation and Reduces Oxidative Stress
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
- Study Finds Acupuncture Bloodletting Superior to Penicillin for Acute Tonsillitis in Children
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases