The GB Meridian - Functions Chart
There Are 44 Points Along The (GB) Gall Bladder Meridian ...
The GB Meridian Functions Chart
GB 8 Valley Lead
- Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
- Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
- In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & ST, injury by alcohol & agitation & fullness with ceaseless vomiting
GB 13 Root Spirit
- Regulate Liver/GallBladder, Clear Wind, Calm the Mind.
- Stiff Neck, Headache.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the frontal lobe. Used on the (R) side for psychological conditions such as anxiety and depression and on the (L) side for attention related conditions such as ADD/ADHD. Also useful for issues which come from subconscious influences.
GB 20 Wind Pool
- Dispel Exterior or Interior Wind - (exterior) - fever/chills, stiff neck; (internal) - paralysis, twitching, tremors, numbness, dizziness, vertigo.
- All issues of the head, brain (seizures, memory, mental/neurological disorders), face, throat and sense organs (eyes, ears, nose, tongue).
- Headache, especially occipital.
- Eye issues.
- Issues of the neck, shoulders a/or upper back - pain, weakness, stiffness.
- Hypertension, especially with LV Yang Rising.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used most often in conjunction with the huatuo points of C1 and C2 to open the spinal cord, generally used to relieve neck tension.
GB 21 Shoulder Well
- Local point for occipital headache, tight trapezius muscles and/or neck/shoulder pain.
- Phlegm related issues of the head and neck - embolic stroke, neck lumps, swollen lymph nodes, tumors.
- Phlegm related issues of the breast and chest - mastitis, breast abscess, asthma, dyspnea.
- Stongly influence Qi downward - useful for rebellious Qi, cough.
- Contraindicated in Pregnancy, useful for difficult labor, retained placenta.
- Gao Wu felt that balancing GB 21's strong descending action with ST 36's strong centering action is important.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Release the neck and shoulders and descend energy.
GB 24 Sun and Moon
- LV & GB issues, especially involving heat and stagnation - gallstones, hepatitis, jaundice.
- LV/GB attacking the SP - nausea, vomiting, sour belching, bitter taste, acid reflux.
- GB related emotional imbalances - fearfullness, shyness, indecisiveness, timidity, sighing.
- The Ling Shu indicates GB 24 (GB Front Mu) & UB 19 (GB Back Shu) for frequent indecisiveness.
GB 25 Capital Gate
- Local point for pain in the lumbar a/or lateral costal region especially when presenting with a KD deficiency.
- KD/SP Issues involving dampness - diarrhea (esp. watery/cold), bloating, abdominal distention.
- Diuretic point - urinary retention, difficult urination, edema.
- Uterine stones - assists passage
GB 26 Girdling Vessel
- GB 26, GB 27 & GB 28 are all useful points on the Dai Mai meridian which influences the GB, KD, Chong Mai, CV & GV Meridians.
- GB 26 is most useful for women's issues - leukorrhea from any etiology, gynecological disorders, prolapses, infertility.
- Menstrual related pains, cramping, bloating a/or migraines.
- Local point for the lower back and waist
GB 34 Yang Mound Spring
- Hui Meeting of the Sinews - useful for treating soft tissue anywhere in the body, contracture, cramping, pain, spasm, weakness, numbness, paralysis.
- Sciatica and issues with the low back, hip, a/or lower limbs, knees.
- All disorders of the lateral regions of the body.
- Lower He Sea of the GB - effects GB organ, usually with GB Damp-Heat conditions, cholecystitis, hepatitis, jaundice, nausea, vomiting, bitter taste in mouth, gallstones.
- Shao Yang level diseases presenting with alternating chills/fevers, costal pain, bitter taste in mouth.
- LV attacking SP - counterflow Qi, nausea, vomiting, indigestion.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Sciatic nerve issues, leg muscle issues (cramps, fatigue), gallstones.
GB 37 Bright Light
- Eye issues, especially LV related - redness, itching, blurry vision, night blindness, optic nerve atrophy, cataracts.
- Lower leg, calf a/or foot problems - dropped foot, edema, atrophy, obstruction.
- Headaches effecting the region around the eyes - temporal, infra/supraorbital, migraines.
- Breast issues from stagnant LV Qi - pain, insufficient lactation
GB 39 Suspended Bell (alt. Severed Bone)
- Hui Meeting of the Marrow - excess or deficiency conditions effecting the bone marrow, ligaments, tendons, muscles a/or bones - pain, spasms, numbness, weakness.
- Chronic Bi or Wei syndromes especially with KD Deficiency - thought to strenghthen immunity.
- Neck issues, stiffness, arthritis, strain, sprain, whiplash, headache.
- Descends rising LV/GB heat - dizziness, tinnitus.
GB 41 Foot Overlooking Tears
- Moves LV Qi - menstrual/breast disorders, distal point for headaches (lateral or migraines - classical mentioned for occipital or vertex).
- As the name indicates - "foot overlooking tears," useful for eye problems, redness, swelling and lacrimation issues, tearing, excessive lacrimation.
- Local point for lateral foot issues - pain, cramping
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Keep Exploring...GB 1 , GB 2 , GB 3 , GB 4 , GB 5 , GB 6 , GB 7 , GB 8 , GB 9 , GB 10 , GB 11 , GB 12 , GB 13 , GB 14 , GB 15 , GB 16 , GB 17 , GB 18 , GB 19 , GB 20 , GB 21 , GB 22 , GB 23 , GB 24 , GB 25 , GB 26 , GB 27 , GB 28 , GB 29 , GB 30 , GB 31 , GB 32 , GB 33 , GB 34 , GB 35 , GB 36 , GB 37 , GB 38 , GB 39 , GB 40 , GB 41 , GB 42 , GB 43 , GB 44
Follow, Join, and Participate
All Content Copyright © 1999-2018 Yin Yang House Inc