Names Of Shen Zhu
GV 12 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Body Pillar
- Pinyin Name: Shen Zhu
- Chinese Character: 身柱
Where Is GV 12 ?
What Is GV 12 Used For?
GV 12 Clinical Usages
- Heat in the lungs and chest, cough, asthma, chest pain, mentioned classically for whooping cough (use cupping).
- Supporting point for chronic conditions affecting the lungs, for deficiency asthma, exhaustion from deficient Lung qi.
- Used for strengthening deficiencies and promoting strong development in children, epilepsy.
- Classically noted for "seeing ghosts" and "rage with desire to kill" (deadman text) - which can indicate a range of stronger modern psychological issues such as schizophrenia, manic depression, bipolar depression. It does this by clearning excess heat from heart and lungs (i.e. chest), which can lead to an unsettled spirit.
There Are 28 Points Along The (GV) Governing Vessel Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Reduction of Insulin Sensitivity from Acupuncture in Diabetes and Obesity
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Great Article About the Legacy and Future of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Acupuncture Helpful for Simple Obesity (Weight Loss)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Study Recommends Acupuncture to Improve Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer Patients
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc