Names Of Shen Zhu
GV 12 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Body Pillar
- Pinyin Name: Shen Zhu
- Chinese Character: 身柱
Where Is GV 12 ?
What Is GV 12 Used For?
GV 12 Clinical Usages
- Heat in the lungs and chest, cough, asthma, chest pain, mentioned classically for whooping cough (use cupping).
- Supporting point for chronic conditions affecting the lungs, for deficiency asthma, exhaustion from deficient Lung qi.
- Used for strengthening deficiencies and promoting strong development in children, epilepsy.
- Classically noted for "seeing ghosts" and "rage with desire to kill" (deadman text) - which can indicate a range of stronger modern psychological issues such as schizophrenia, manic depression, bipolar depression. It does this by clearning excess heat from heart and lungs (i.e. chest), which can lead to an unsettled spirit.
There Are 28 Points Along The (GV) Governing Vessel Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- My Lungs Are What? Melancholy, Fall, and A Good Deep Breath
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Introduction to Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc