Names Of Shen Zhu
GV 12 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Body Pillar
- Pinyin Name: Shen Zhu
- Chinese Character: 身柱
Where Is GV 12 ?
What Is GV 12 Used For?
GV 12 Clinical Usages
- Heat in the lungs and chest, cough, asthma, chest pain, mentioned classically for whooping cough (use cupping).
- Supporting point for chronic conditions affecting the lungs, for deficiency asthma, exhaustion from deficient Lung qi.
- Used for strengthening deficiencies and promoting strong development in children, epilepsy.
- Classically noted for "seeing ghosts" and "rage with desire to kill" (deadman text) - which can indicate a range of stronger modern psychological issues such as schizophrenia, manic depression, bipolar depression. It does this by clearning excess heat from heart and lungs (i.e. chest), which can lead to an unsettled spirit.
There Are 28 Points Along The (GV) Governing Vessel Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Sleep Links To Blood Pressure - Theory and Acupuncture Treatment of Insomnia and Hypertension
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Introduction to Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Moxibustion May Aid Crohn's Disease
- Understanding and Treating Fibromyalgia From An Acupuncture Perspective
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc