Names Of Shen Zhu
GV 12 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Body Pillar
- Pinyin Name: Shen Zhu
- Chinese Character: 身柱
Where Is GV 12 ?
What Is GV 12 Used For?
GV 12 Clinical Usages
- Heat in the lungs and chest, cough, asthma, chest pain, mentioned classically for whooping cough (use cupping).
- Supporting point for chronic conditions affecting the lungs, for deficiency asthma, exhaustion from deficient Lung qi.
- Used for strengthening deficiencies and promoting strong development in children, epilepsy.
- Classically noted for "seeing ghosts" and "rage with desire to kill" (deadman text) - which can indicate a range of stronger modern psychological issues such as schizophrenia, manic depression, bipolar depression. It does this by clearning excess heat from heart and lungs (i.e. chest), which can lead to an unsettled spirit.
There Are 28 Points Along The (GV) Governing Vessel Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- What is Moxibustion...? and other techniques "acupuncturists" use
- Acupuncture Point Treatment Plan - General Point Selection Rules
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
- Japanese Acupuncture Hinaishin Needle Techniques and Orthopedic Care
- Acupuncture effect on ALS (Lou Gehrig's) in animal models
- Acupuncture Treatment For Parkinson's Disease with Tuina and Tong Ren Therapy
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc