Names Of Shen Zhu
GV 12 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Body Pillar
- Pinyin Name: Shen Zhu
- Chinese Character: 身柱
Where Is GV 12 ?
What Is GV 12 Used For?
GV 12 Clinical Usages
- Heat in the lungs and chest, cough, asthma, chest pain, mentioned classically for whooping cough (use cupping).
- Supporting point for chronic conditions affecting the lungs, for deficiency asthma, exhaustion from deficient Lung qi.
- Used for strengthening deficiencies and promoting strong development in children, epilepsy.
- Classically noted for "seeing ghosts" and "rage with desire to kill" (deadman text) - which can indicate a range of stronger modern psychological issues such as schizophrenia, manic depression, bipolar depression. It does this by clearning excess heat from heart and lungs (i.e. chest), which can lead to an unsettled spirit.
There Are 28 Points Along The (GV) Governing Vessel Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- The Treatment of High Cholesterol with Chinese Medicine and the Tam Healing System
- Want To Avoid Another Stroke? Utilize Acupuncture... (Study)
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
- Self-Help, Acupressure, and Acupuncture for Seasonal Allergy Relief
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
All Content Copyright © 1999-2018 Yin Yang House Inc