Names Of Shui Gou
GV 26 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Water Trough
- Pinyin Name: Shui Gou
- Chinese Character: 人中
Where Is GV 26 ?
What Is GV 26 Used For?
GV 26 Clinical Usages
- One of two Command Points (with PC 6) added to the original four, for fainting, collapse. Main point for restoring consciousness, for shock, revivial from fainting, weakness, helps patient to awaken, use fingernail in an emergency.
- Main point for acute low back sprain, helps relieve pain and restore motion, moves stagnation at the opposite end of the channel. After obtaining the Qi, have pateint bend then rotate the waist.
- Nosebleed, nasal discharge issues, problems with olfactory sensations (smell).
- Manic-depression and other strong shen disturbances, epilepsy (seizures).
There Are 28 Points Along The (GV) Governing Vessel Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where GV 26 Is Discussed
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
- Stroke Rehabilitation with Acupuncture, Tuina, and Tong Ren Therapy
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- LV 3 Acupuncture Point May Be Helpful for Alcoholic Liver Injury
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...