Names Of Tonggu
KD 20 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Open Valley
- Pinyin Name: Tonggu
- Chinese Character: 腹通谷
Where Is KD 20 ?
What Is KD 20 Used For?
KD 20 Clinical Usages
- Local point for abdominal and digestive issues.
- Mania, epilepsy, palpitations, mouth/tongue deviation/swelling - largely through resolving phlegm.
- Chest pain, coughing, wheezing.
There Are 27 Points Along The (KD) Kidney Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Acupuncture for Colitis - Animal Study Leads To Clues of Benefit
- Tibetan Medicine - History, Applications and Integration - Whole Person Treatment
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
How Is KD 20 Categorized?
KD 20 Acupuncture Point Associations
- Intersection Point of the KD & Chong Mai Meridians
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use KD 20 ?
What Conditions May Use KD 20 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
What Points Are Near KD 20 ?
CV 13 Upper Venter
- CV 13 is useful for upper warmer issues (vomiting, hiatal hernia, hiccups, epigastric pain), whereas CV 12 is useful for middle warmer issues and CV 10 is useful for lower warmer issues.
- Abdominal pain a/or distention, epigastic pain, nausea, vomiting.
- Spleen deficiency related heart and emotional issues - insomnia, anxiety, palpitations, heart pain, running piglet, sensations of heat in the chest and/or body (possibly without sweating).
GB 24 Sun and Moon
- LV & GB issues, especially involving heat and stagnation - gallstones, hepatitis, jaundice.
- LV/GB attacking the SP - nausea, vomiting, sour belching, bitter taste, acid reflux.
- GB related emotional imbalances - fearfullness, shyness, indecisiveness, timidity, sighing.
- The Ling Shu indicates GB 24 (GB Front Mu) & UB 19 (GB Back Shu) for frequent indecisiveness.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc