Names Of Tonggu
KD 20 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Open Valley
- Pinyin Name: Tonggu
- Chinese Character: 腹通谷
Where Is KD 20 ?
What Is KD 20 Used For?
KD 20 Clinical Usages
- Local point for abdominal and digestive issues.
- Mania, epilepsy, palpitations, mouth/tongue deviation/swelling - largely through resolving phlegm.
- Chest pain, coughing, wheezing.
There Are 27 Points Along The (KD) Kidney Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Motor Points Acupuncture - An Efficient Way Of Treating Muscle Imbalances
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- Tools for Reading Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research
- Acupuncture Treatment For Parkinson's Disease with Tuina and Tong Ren Therapy
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
How Is KD 20 Categorized?
KD 20 Acupuncture Point Associations
- Intersection Point of the KD & Chong Mai Meridians
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use KD 20 ?
What Conditions May Use KD 20 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
What Points Are Near KD 20 ?
CV 13 Upper Venter
- CV 13 is useful for upper warmer issues (vomiting, hiatal hernia, hiccups, epigastric pain), whereas CV 12 is useful for middle warmer issues and CV 10 is useful for lower warmer issues.
- Abdominal pain a/or distention, epigastic pain, nausea, vomiting.
- Spleen deficiency related heart and emotional issues - insomnia, anxiety, palpitations, heart pain, running piglet, sensations of heat in the chest and/or body (possibly without sweating).
GB 24 Sun and Moon
- LV & GB issues, especially involving heat and stagnation - gallstones, hepatitis, jaundice.
- LV/GB attacking the SP - nausea, vomiting, sour belching, bitter taste, acid reflux.
- GB related emotional imbalances - fearfullness, shyness, indecisiveness, timidity, sighing.
- The Ling Shu indicates GB 24 (GB Front Mu) & UB 19 (GB Back Shu) for frequent indecisiveness.