Names Of Qu Yuan
SI 13 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Crooked Wall
- Pinyin Name: Qu Yuan
- Chinese Character: 曲垣
Where Is SI 13 ?
What Is SI 13 Used For?
SI 13 Clinical Usages
- Local point for shoulder and/or scapular region pain, weakness and/or stiffness. Useful for chronic shoulder problems.
There Are 19 Points Along The (SI) Small Intestine Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Acupuncture Point Treatment Plan - General Point Selection Rules
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Case Study - Anxiety (02/15/10)
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- How Does Acupuncture Work?
- What Does Acupuncture Treat? Or Treating The “Cause” And Not The “Symptoms”...
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Study Finds Acupuncture 94.8% Effective for Fibromyalgia Pain Symptoms
What Conditions May Use SI 13 ?
What Points Are Near SI 13 ?
UB 12 Wind Gate
- Main point to expel wind from the Wei Qi level of the body, useful for early stages of wind-cold conditions (Common cold, cough, fever, headache, stiff neck).
- Apply moxa here and on ST 36 to strengthen the Wei Qi (or the defensive layer of the body). Strenghtening the defensive layer can increase resistance to colds and flus, but also stop the tendency of basic colds and/or flus from always going deeper in quickly, say to bronchitis or full blow sinus infections. These types of treatments should be done when the person is not sick.