Names Of Jian Wai Shu
SI 14 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Outer Shoulder Shu
- Pinyin Name: Jian Wai Shu
- Chinese Character: 肩外俞
Where Is SI 14 ?
What Is SI 14 Used For?
SI 14 Clinical Usages
- Local point for shoulder and scapular region pain.
- Neck pain and/or rotation issues, and pain of the upper back.
There Are 19 Points Along The (SI) Small Intestine Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Acupuncture Treatment For Parkinson's Disease with Tuina and Tong Ren Therapy
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue - 10 Trials With 1327 Patients
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
What Conditions May Use SI 14 ?
What Points Are Near SI 14 ?
GB 21 Shoulder Well
- Local point for occipital headache, tight trapezius muscles and/or neck/shoulder pain.
- Phlegm related issues of the head and neck - embolic stroke, neck lumps, swollen lymph nodes, tumors.
- Phlegm related issues of the breast and chest - mastitis, breast abscess, asthma, dyspnea.
- Stongly influence Qi downward - useful for rebellious Qi, cough.
- Contraindicated in Pregnancy, useful for difficult labor, retained placenta.
- Gao Wu felt that balancing GB 21's strong descending action with ST 36's strong centering action is important.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Release the neck and shoulders and descend energy.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc