Names Of Jian Wai Shu
SI 14 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Outer Shoulder Shu
- Pinyin Name: Jian Wai Shu
- Chinese Character: 肩外俞
Where Is SI 14 ?
What Is SI 14 Used For?
SI 14 Clinical Usages
- Local point for shoulder and scapular region pain.
- Neck pain and/or rotation issues, and pain of the upper back.
There Are 19 Points Along The (SI) Small Intestine Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Research Shows Acupuncture Can Benefit Both Cognitive Performance and Neural Plasticity
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Acupuncture Point Treatment Plan - General Point Selection Rules
- Stroke Rehabilitation with Acupuncture, Tuina, and Tong Ren Therapy
- What is Cupping...? and other techniques "acupuncturists" use
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
What Conditions May Use SI 14 ?
What Points Are Near SI 14 ?
GB 21 Shoulder Well
- Local point for occipital headache, tight trapezius muscles and/or neck/shoulder pain.
- Phlegm related issues of the head and neck - embolic stroke, neck lumps, swollen lymph nodes, tumors.
- Phlegm related issues of the breast and chest - mastitis, breast abscess, asthma, dyspnea.
- Stongly influence Qi downward - useful for rebellious Qi, cough.
- Contraindicated in Pregnancy, useful for difficult labor, retained placenta.
- Gao Wu felt that balancing GB 21's strong descending action with ST 36's strong centering action is important.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Release the neck and shoulders and descend energy.