Names Of Jian Wai Shu
SI 14 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Outer Shoulder Shu
- Pinyin Name: Jian Wai Shu
- Chinese Character: 肩外俞
Where Is SI 14 ?
What Is SI 14 Used For?
SI 14 Clinical Usages
- Local point for shoulder and scapular region pain.
- Neck pain and/or rotation issues, and pain of the upper back.
There Are 19 Points Along The (SI) Small Intestine Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Acupuncture For Female Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis Helps Avoid Endometriosis
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue - 10 Trials With 1327 Patients
- Stroke Rehabilitation with Acupuncture, Tuina, and Tong Ren Therapy
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Acupuncture for Bell's Palsy - Initial Results Vary with Age, BMI and Pain Levels
What Conditions May Use SI 14 ?
What Points Are Near SI 14 ?
GB 21 Shoulder Well
- Local point for occipital headache, tight trapezius muscles and/or neck/shoulder pain.
- Phlegm related issues of the head and neck - embolic stroke, neck lumps, swollen lymph nodes, tumors.
- Phlegm related issues of the breast and chest - mastitis, breast abscess, asthma, dyspnea.
- Stongly influence Qi downward - useful for rebellious Qi, cough.
- Contraindicated in Pregnancy, useful for difficult labor, retained placenta.
- Gao Wu felt that balancing GB 21's strong descending action with ST 36's strong centering action is important.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Release the neck and shoulders and descend energy.