Names Of Jian Zhong Shu
SI 15 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Central Shoulder Shu
- Pinyin Name: Jian Zhong Shu
- Chinese Character: 肩中俞
Where Is SI 15 ?
What Is SI 15 Used For?
SI 15 Clinical Usages
- Asthma, cough, coughing up of blood (hemoptysis).
- Local point for shoulder, neck and/or upper back pain.
There Are 19 Points Along The (SI) Small Intestine Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Acupuncture Point Treatment Plan - General Point Selection Rules
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
What Conditions May Use SI 15 ?
What Points Are Near SI 15 ?
GV 14 Great Hammer
- Meeting point of all yang meridians, GV 14 is indicated for exterior conditions as it expels pathogens and firms the yang; clearing heat and fevers whether mild or severe; and for tonifying the yang and strengthening the neck and spine.
- Main point for acute wind cold or wind heat, colds and flu, especially with fever and chills, opens the pores to cause sweating. If a patient with underlying deficiency presents with chills and no fever use moxa.
- Main point for reducing high fevers, combine with LU 11, UB 40 (can bleed these points). Main point for summer heat.
- Cough, asthma.
- Main point for spontaneous sweating from qi deficiency or night sweats from yin deficiency.
- Main point for neck and upper back pain and stiffness, combine with GB 20, UB 10, UB 11, UB 12, Bailao, SI 12, SI 13, etc. As the tissue is often thick here, insert slowly and use mild manipulation, then redirect needle towards each shoulder using oblique insertion.
- Strengthens the wei qi, wind cold can enter the body through the triangle formed by GV 14 and UB 12. Keep this area warm, supple and flexible with needle, moxa, massage to promote longevity.
- Epilepsy, hypertension, insomnia, nosebleed.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used for bone issues (arthritis, spurs, scoliosis), calcium issues, hand issues.
GB 21 Shoulder Well
- Local point for occipital headache, tight trapezius muscles and/or neck/shoulder pain.
- Phlegm related issues of the head and neck - embolic stroke, neck lumps, swollen lymph nodes, tumors.
- Phlegm related issues of the breast and chest - mastitis, breast abscess, asthma, dyspnea.
- Stongly influence Qi downward - useful for rebellious Qi, cough.
- Contraindicated in Pregnancy, useful for difficult labor, retained placenta.
- Gao Wu felt that balancing GB 21's strong descending action with ST 36's strong centering action is important.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Release the neck and shoulders and descend energy.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc