Names Of Xiao Hai
SI 8 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Small Sea
- Pinyin Name: Xiao Hai
- Chinese Character: 小海
Where Is SI 8 ?
What Is SI 8 Used For?
SI 8 Clinical Usages
- Elbow problems, swelling, trembling, pain, numbness, weakness - channel issues with excess wind a/or heat.
- Submandibular region swelling or pain, toothache, gums, cheek, neck, scapula, axilla.
There Are 19 Points Along The (SI) Small Intestine Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- How Does Acupuncture Work?
- MS Treatment Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and the Sky Window Theory in TCM
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Case Study - Anxiety (02/15/10)
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Autism Treatments - Brain Inflammation and the Role of Sky Window Acupuncture Points from the Tam Healing System
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
How Is SI 8 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use SI 8 ?
What Conditions May Use SI 8 ?
What Points Are Near SI 8 ?
LU 5 Cubit Marsh
- He Sea Point - useful for counterflow Qi/diarrhea, hot skin conditions, phlegm-heat excess.
- Acute/Chronic or Exterior/Interior Conditions.
- Upper body edema, enuresis.
- Local point for the elbow - tendonitis, tennis elbow.
- Classically noted for the 5 types of Lumbar Pain - possibly the upper body equivalent of UB 40.
- Main treatment point of Kidney Sho pattern (with KD 7 and LU 8) - in Japanese style Five Phase treatment protocol.
PC 3 Marsh at the Bend
- Chronic angina - palpitations, anxiety, panic attacks, sensation of "pounding" heart particularly in the upper abdominal area.
- Tremors of the hand a/or arm, Parkinson's disease - localized pain in the elbow and arm.
- Gastrointestinal disorders, "sudden turmoil disease" - vomiting and diarrhea.
- Clears Ying Stage Heat - summer-heat stroke, other heat disease.
HT 3 Lesser Sea
- Pain, numbness, tremors, etc. of the lower arms a/or hands - Parkinson's, stroke.
- Good local point to move the Qi and Blood.
- Spirit disorders from phlegm a/or heat etiologies - epilepsy, depression, anxiety, nervousness, poor memory, fuzzy thinking.
- Water Point - redness of the eyes, mouth ulcerations.
TH 10 Celestial Well
- Transforms phlegm, reduce lymph swellings, thyroid disorders.
- Elbow pain, tendonitis.
- One-sided headache, migraines.
- Useful for depression a/or anxiety, especially with chest pain or oppression, angina a/or palpitations.
- Epilepsy (phlegm obstruction), possibly mania as well.
- TH 5 is for headache anywhere whereas TH 10 is specifically for one-sided headaches
LI 11 Pool at the Bend
- Reduction of high fevers, patients with the 4 bigs, combine with LI 1, LI 2 or LI 4.
- Damp Heat skin diseases, red, itchy, oozing & inflamed (hives, herpes zoster, acne), may be used with UB 40 for any skin disease.
- ST Excess Issues, burning diarrhea.
- Elbow and upper limb disorders, pain and inflammation, atrophy, tremors - expels wind dampness from the channel.
- Hot flashes a/or menstrual issues with heat in the Blood.
- Expels summer heat with UB 40 & SP 10, for heat stroke add SI 3.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Useful for any blood circulation issue (raynaud's, anemia, etc.), skin problems (hives, itchiness), tennis elbow.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc