Names Of Tianxi
SP 18 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Celestial Ravine
- Pinyin Name: Tianxi
- Chinese Character: 天谿
Where Is SP 18 ?
What Is SP 18 Used For?
SP 18 Clinical Usages
- Descends qi - chest oppression, shortness of breath, cough, hiccup, running piglet disorder.
- Opens the chest and circulation in the breasts - breast pain, insufficient lactation.
There Are 21 Points Along The (SP) Spleen Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
- Tibetan Medicine - History, Applications and Integration - Whole Person Treatment
- Tools for Reading Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research
- SP 6 Acupuncture Point Effect on Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Pain/Cramps)
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use SP 18 ?
What Conditions May Use SP 18 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
What Points Are Near SP 18 ?
CV 17 Chest Center
- Main point for tonification of the upper warmer.
- Hui Meeting Point of the Qi - tonify and move the Qi of the body.
- Chronic lung issues - cough, asthma, SOB, diaphragmatic pain.
- Breast issues - insufficient lactation, mastitis.
- Chest/Throat issues (rattling in throat w/asthma, difficulty swallowing, palpitations), counterflow Qi problems - guides the Qi downwards.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Important point for overall Qi (energy) in the body, useful for asthma.