Names Of Gongsun
SP 4 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Yellow Emperor
- Pinyin Name: Gongsun
- Chinese Character: 公孫
Where Is SP 4 ?
What Is SP 4 Used For?
SP 4 Clinical Usages
- Excess pathologies of the ST and Intestines - severe abdominal a/or epigastric pain, dysentery, food poisoning.
- Gynecological and Abdominal issues due to stagnation of Qi and Blood - masses, fibroids, cysts, irregular menstruation.
- With PC 6 for chest and heart pain, shen disorders, sighing, anxiety, insomnia, nervousness.
There Are 21 Points Along The (SP) Spleen Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where SP 4 Is Discussed
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Acupuncture Helpful for Simple Obesity (Weight Loss)
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
- Your First Acupuncture Treatment
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Acupuncture effect on ALS (Lou Gehrig's) in animal models
How Is SP 4 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use SP 4 ?
What Conditions May Use SP 4 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Abdominal Pain
- Epigastric Pain
- Food Poisoning
- Irregular Menstruation
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
What Points Are Near SP 4 ?
KD 1 Gushing Spring
- Descends excess from above, useful for LV Yang Rising or LV Fire - headaches, tinnitus, hypertension, epilepsy.
- Cooling KD empty heat - chronic sore throat, dry mouth, low back pain.
- Tonify KD/HT Yin - insomnia, palpitations, anxiety, poor memory, mania, rage w/desire to kill, hot flashes, night sweats.
- Loss of consciousness, yang collapse.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to descend the energy in the body particularly after qi gong exercises, energy healing sessions, etc. Useful for headache, nausea, insomnia, etc.
KD 2 Blazing Valley
- Generally useful for clearing excesses & acute presentations.
- Ying Spring Point - clears heat, especially KD empty heat - chronic sore throats, irritability, night sweats, thirst.
- Lower abdomen/sex organ/genital issues - Irregular menstruation, uterine prolapse, seminal emissions, impotence, genital itching and/or pain, difficult urination.
- Wasting and Thirsting Disorder - thirst, dry mouth.
- Local point for foot problems - swelling and/or pain, restless feet.
- KD related emotional imbalances - fear of being apprehended, fright.
- Moxa to tonify KD Yang.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2019 Yin Yang House Inc