Names Of Shangqiu
SP 5 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Shang Hill
- Pinyin Name: Shangqiu
- Chinese Character: 商丘
Where Is SP 5 ?
What Is SP 5 Used For?
SP 5 Clinical Usages
- Tonifies the spleen and resolves dampness - lethargy, desire to lie down, abdominal distention.
- Calms the spirit - manic depression, anxiety, excessive thinking.
- Speech disorders, stiffness at root of tongue.
There Are 21 Points Along The (SP) Spleen Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture effective for Temporomandibular Disorders
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Acupuncture Point Treatment Plan - General Point Selection Rules
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Thanksgiving and Acupuncture: The Role of Chinese Medicine in Prevention
- Tibetan Medicine - History, Applications and Integration - Whole Person Treatment
How Is SP 5 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use SP 5 ?
What Conditions May Use SP 5 ?
What Points Are Near SP 5 ?
KD 6 Shining Sea
- Sore throat from any etiology, especially empty heat from yin deficiency.
- Other Yin Deficient throat related issues - swollen, dry, loss of voice, difficult swallowing.
- A range of menstrual issues such as amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, infertility from cold in the uterus, leukorrhea.
- Genital issues (shan disorders) such as swelling, itching, seminal emission and/or involuntary erections in men.
- Constipation from Yin Deficiency.
- Plum Pit Qi.
- Nighttime epilepsy, insomnia, disturbed sleep with nightmares, yin deficient symptoms such as hot hands/feet, night sweats.
- A range of anxiety disorders, fear/fright.
ST 41 Ravine Divide
- Opposite end of channel issues (i.e. head/face) - swelling, headache, dizziness / vertigo.
- Abdominal pain, bloating, constipation.
- Can aid groundedness and focus - ADD/ADHD, mania, restlessness, palpitations, epilepsy.
- Local point for ankle issues - sprains, inflammation, motor impairment, foot pain, pain in the 1st and 2nd toes.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Follow, Join, and Participate
All Content Copyright © 1999-2018 Yin Yang House Inc