|SP 1 |
- Any Bleeding Issues, esp. from SP Deficiency - reckless bleeding, hemorrhage, blood in the urine/stools.
- Emotional issues esp. with aspects of worry - worried dreams, depression.
- Possibly useful for eating disorders originating from stress/worry.
|SP 2 |
- Generally used to clear damp-heat - gout, painful obstructions.
- Local point for issues with the big toe.
- With SP 3 tonify SP organ - abdominal distention, diarrhea and/or heart pain.
|SP 3 |
- SP Qi and Yang Deficiency, especially those with excess pathologies - abdominal a/or epigastric pain, digestive issues, heart pain.
- Muscle atrophy in the lower legs, heaviness in the body.
|SP 4 |
- Excess pathologies of the ST and Intestines - severe abdominal a/or epigastric pain, dysentery, food poisoning.
- Gynecological and Abdominal issues due to stagnation of Qi and Blood - masses, fibroids, cysts, irregular menstruation.
- With PC 6 for chest and heart pain, shen disorders, sighing, anxiety, insomnia, nervousness.
|SP 5 |
- Tonifies the spleen and resolves dampness - lethargy, desire to lie down, abdominal distention.
- Calms the spirit - manic depression, anxiety, excessive thinking.
- Speech disorders, stiffness at root of tongue.
|SP 6 |
Three Yin Intersection
- Tonify Yin and Blood, all Spleen disorders.
- Digestive disorders, sinking/prolapse.
- Gynecological issues, male sexual issues, difficult labor (expel fetus).
- Menstrual issues (irregular, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea).
- Bleeding disorders, uterine bleeding, cool blood in hot skin diseases.
- Insomnia, palpitations, and other anxiety related emotions.
- Dizziness, hypertension.
|SP 7 |
- Local point.
- Continued muscle atrophy in the presence of adequate nutrition.
- Promotes urination - difficult urination.
- Resolves dampness - lower body swelling, ankle, knee.
|SP 8 |
- Xi Cleft Point - acute and painful menstrual issues due to Blood stagnation - clotting, fibroids, dysmenorrhea, irregular menstruation.
- Male infertility - seminal emission, depleted essence.
|SP 9 |
Yin Mound Spring
- He Sea point - drains dampness (generally through urination), LV 8 will drain damp from the genital region and SP 9 will drain damp from the lower warmer.
- Chronic yeast infections, candida.
- Damp Bi, Medial Knee Pain.
- Issues involving damp-heat in the GB - hepatitis, jaundice.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Any water issue in the body (bloating, swelling, urinary issues, dry mouth, etc.).
|SP 10 |
Sea of Blood
- Any Gynecological issues originating from Blood, Heat, Stasis a/or Deficiency - irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, cramping, lin disorders, PMS, uterine bleeding.
- Skin problems from damp-heat or hot Blood - eczema, painful/hot sores.
- Genital issues - pain/swelling/itching of the scrotum/genitals.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Any blood issues, although the huatuo of T1 and T7 are used more often.
|SP 11 |
- Used for a variety of urinary issues related to a collection of dampness/damp-heat - difficult urination/obstruction, retention of urine.
- Swelling in the groin, pain/itching of the external genitalia.
|SP 12 |
- Used for a variety of urinary disorders (retention, painful) due to it's functions of draining dampness, clearing heat and regulating urination.
- Abdominal pain, hernia, hemorrhoids by regulating qi and invigorating blood.
|SP 13 |
- Abdominal pain, abdominal masses (fibroids, cysts, etc.), hernia, thigh pain - regulates the liver, qi, and alleviates pain.
|SP 14 |
- Warms the middle warmer and dissipates cold for lower abdominal pain, diarrhea (from cold), abdominal pain, constipation.
- Resolves counterflow qi - can be used to subdue fright (i.e. panic attacks) from counterflow qi disrupting the heart and/or cough from counterflow qi disrupting the lung.
|SP 15 |
- Regulate the Qi of the Intestines - constipation, diarrhea (ST 25 better for diarrhea), abdominal pain and distention.
|SP 16 |
- Aids intestinal issues by clearing heat in the intestines and resolving dampness - as well as generally moving the intestines.
- Noted for undigested food in the stool.
- Abdominal pain, dysentery, blood in the stool.
|SP 17 |
- Promotes smooth spleen qi (digestion), moves water stagnation - fullness of the chest and/or lateral costal region, abdominal distention perhaps with water swelling, belching, vomiting after eating, boborygmus.
|SP 18 |
- Descends qi - chest oppression, shortness of breath, cough, hiccup, running piglet disorder.
- Opens the chest and circulation in the breasts - breast pain, insufficient lactation.
|SP 19 |
- Aids the descent of lung qi - cough.
- Regulate lung qi - shortness of breath, chest oppression.
|SP 20 |
- Aids the descent of lung qi - cough, shortness of breath, chest oppression.
- Noted for difficulty in ingesting foods.
|SP 21 |
- Mentioned classically that when this point is deficient, all the joints are flaccid, and when excess, pain all over the body.
- Pain of the thoracic region.
- Descends lung qi - cough, chest oppression, shortness of breath.