Names Of Quepen
ST 12 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Empty Basin
- Pinyin Name: Quepen
- Chinese Character: 缺盆
Where Is ST 12 ?
What Is ST 12 Used For?
ST 12 Clinical Usages
- Shoulder pain (esp. that radiates to neck).
- Neck/throat issues - tightness/pain.
- Cough, counterflow qi, sore, swollen throat (rebellious lung qi).
- Internal branch of the ST meridian connects here directly from the Stomach, Spleen & Diaphragm - tonify middle warmer.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the subclavian artery. Useful for bursitis, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.
- Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the Tam Healing system.
There Are 45 Points Along The (ST) Stomach Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where ST 12 Is Discussed
- The Treatment of High Cholesterol with Chinese Medicine and the Tam Healing System
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Case Study - Anxiety (02/15/10)
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- My Liver is What?
- Want To Avoid Another Stroke? Utilize Acupuncture... (Study)
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use ST 12 ?
What Conditions May Use ST 12 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Shoulder Pain
- Neck Pain
- Sore Throat
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Tennis Elbow
What Points Are Near ST 12 ?
CV 22 Celestial Chimney
- All throat/vocal cord disorders - sore/dry throat, hoarseness, swallowing issues, speech issues such as loss of voice, cracked voice.
- Window of the Sky Point - useful for aphasia.
- Upper chest Qi/Stagnation issues - asthma, wheezing, pain in the upper chest, tightness, oppression.
GB 21 Shoulder Well
- Local point for occipital headache, tight trapezius muscles and/or neck/shoulder pain.
- Phlegm related issues of the head and neck - embolic stroke, neck lumps, swollen lymph nodes, tumors.
- Phlegm related issues of the breast and chest - mastitis, breast abscess, asthma, dyspnea.
- Stongly influence Qi downward - useful for rebellious Qi, cough.
- Contraindicated in Pregnancy, useful for difficult labor, retained placenta.
- Gao Wu felt that balancing GB 21's strong descending action with ST 36's strong centering action is important.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Release the neck and shoulders and descend energy.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Keep Exploring...ST 1 , ST 2 , ST 3 , ST 4 , ST 5 , ST 6 , ST 7 , ST 8 , ST 9 , ST 10 , ST 11 , ST 12 , ST 13 , ST 14 , ST 15 , ST 16 , ST 17 , ST 18 , ST 19 , ST 20 , ST 21 , ST 22 , ST 23 , ST 24 , ST 25 , ST 26 , ST 27 , ST 28 , ST 29 , ST 30 , ST 31 , ST 32 , ST 33 , ST 34 , ST 35 , ST 36 , ST 37 , ST 38 , ST 39 , ST 40 , ST 41 , ST 42 , ST 43 , ST 44 , ST 45
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc