Names Of Daju
ST 27 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Great Gigantic
- Pinyin Name: Daju
- Chinese Character: 大巨
Where Is ST 27 ?
What Is ST 27 Used For?
ST 27 Clinical Usages
- Beneficial for multiple genito-urinary issues in men - impotence (erectile dysfunction), seminal emission, premature ejaculation, difficult urination, etc.
- Irregular menstruation.
- Abdominal pain, bloating, hernia.
- Fear/fright with palpitations, anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, etc..
There Are 45 Points Along The (ST) Stomach Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- MS Treatment Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and the Sky Window Theory in TCM
- Study Recommends Acupuncture to Improve Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer Patients
- Electro Acupuncture Helpful to Reduce Post-Operative Pain Following Spinal Surgery
- Acupuncture for Colitis - Animal Study Leads To Clues of Benefit
- Stroke Rehabilitation with Acupuncture, Tuina, and Tong Ren Therapy
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Acupuncture For Female Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis Helps Avoid Endometriosis
- Stimulation of KD 3 Acupuncture Point Effects Physical Kidney Chemistry
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use ST 27 ?
What Conditions May Use ST 27 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Seminal Emission
- Urinary Disorders (Lin Disease)
- Irregular Menstruation
- Abdominal Pain
- Panic Attack
What Points Are Near ST 27 ?
CV 5 Stone Gate
- Generally, useful for patterns of excess involving the lower abdomen a/or urinary tracts. Not used as often as other CV points.
- Mentioned classically to both cause and treat infertility, although the cause may merely be incorrect needling which is specifically mentioned. Modern texts have largely ignored these cautions.
- Useful for lower abdominal pain of an excess nature, genital pain/itching, shan disorders, hernia.
- Diarrhea, undigested food in stools, poor appetite, abdominal pain, edema.
SP 14 Abdominal Bind
- Warms the middle warmer and dissipates cold for lower abdominal pain, diarrhea (from cold), abdominal pain, constipation.
- Resolves counterflow qi - can be used to subdue fright (i.e. panic attacks) from counterflow qi disrupting the heart and/or cough from counterflow qi disrupting the lung.