Names Of Shuidao
ST 28 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Waterway
- Pinyin Name: Shuidao
- Chinese Character: 水道
Where Is ST 28 ?
What Is ST 28 Used For?
ST 28 Clinical Usages
- Excess Cold/Damp Issues of the Lower Warmer - retention of urine, inflammations.
- Gynecological issues of an excess nature - dysmenorrhea, fibroids, cysts.
- Fertility issues in women, cold in the uterus.
- Expel either the placenta after birth or a still born child.
There Are 45 Points Along The (ST) Stomach Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where ST 28 Is Discussed
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Bell's Palsy - Initial Results Vary with Age, BMI and Pain Levels
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- LV 3 Acupuncture Point May Be Helpful for Alcoholic Liver Injury
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use ST 28 ?
What Conditions May Use ST 28 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Urinary Disorders (Lin Disease)
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Pain - Cramps)
What Points Are Near ST 28 ?
CV 4 Origin Pass
- Generally, useful for deficiencies of Yin, Yang, Qi & Blood.
- Main point for tonifying Prenatal Qi - exhaustion, weakness, chronic fatigue/diseases.
- Main point for Kidney deficiencies of Qi, Jing a/or Yang - low back pain, bone disorders, early morning (5 a.m., "cock-crow") diarrhea. rectal prolapse.
- Genito-urinary issues with Deficient a/or Cold Patterns - incontinence, clear copious urine, nocturia.
- Main point for all menstrual disorders with Deficient, Cold a/or Stagnation Patterns - scanty menstruation, pale blood.
- Sexual / Fertility Issues - infertility, impotence, seminal emission, amenorrhea, bleeding during pregnancy.
- Yang collapse - chills, profuse sweating, SOB, unconsciousness.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: An important point for the storage and development of Qi (energy), useful for deficiency conditions - weakness, shortness of breath, sexual issues. May also be used in Tong Ren (no needling) to ease delivery.