Names Of Jiexi
ST 41 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Ravine Divide
- Pinyin Name: Jiexi
- Chinese Character: 解谿
Where Is ST 41 ?
ST 41 Location
- On the midpoint of the transverse crease of the ankle, approximately level with the tip of the external malleolus, in a depression between the tendons of extensor digitorum longs and hallucis longus.
- For point location tips, read our meridian notes; unsure about "cun" measurements, read what is a cun?.
What Is ST 41 Used For?
ST 41 Clinical Usages
- Opposite end of channel issues (i.e. head/face) - swelling, headache, dizziness / vertigo.
- Abdominal pain, bloating, constipation.
- Can aid groundedness and focus - ADD/ADHD, mania, restlessness, palpitations, epilepsy.
- Local point for ankle issues - sprains, inflammation, motor impairment, foot pain, pain in the 1st and 2nd toes.
There Are 45 Points Along The (ST) Stomach Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Safety of Acupuncture During Pregnancy - Exploration of the "Forbidden Points" (Study)
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
How Is ST 41 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use ST 41 ?
What Conditions May Use ST 41 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Dizziness (Vertigo)
- Abdominal Pain
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD - ADD)
- Manic Depression
- Epilepsy (Seizure)
- Ankle Pain