Names Of Chongyang
ST 42 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Surging Yang
- Pinyin Name: Chongyang
- Chinese Character: 沖陽
Where Is ST 42 ?
What Is ST 42 Used For?
ST 42 Clinical Usages
- Issues on the upper end of the channel (i.e. mouth/face/head) - upper mouth/teeth issues, toothache, deviation of the face as in bell's palsy or stroke.
- Local point for foot pain - pain, swelling, redness - also motor control issues of the foot.
There Are 45 Points Along The (ST) Stomach Meridian ...
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Acupuncture Treatment For Parkinson's Disease with Tuina and Tong Ren Therapy
- Great Article About the Legacy and Future of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Your First Acupuncture Treatment
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue - 10 Trials With 1327 Patients
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
How Is ST 42 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use ST 42 ?
What Conditions May Use ST 42 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
What Points Are Near ST 42 ?
GB 41 Foot Overlooking Tears
- Moves LV Qi - menstrual/breast disorders, distal point for headaches (lateral or migraines - classical mentioned for occipital or vertex).
- As the name indicates - "foot overlooking tears," useful for eye problems, redness, swelling and lacrimation issues, tearing, excessive lacrimation.
- Local point for lateral foot issues - pain, cramping
SP 4 Yellow Emperor
- Excess pathologies of the ST and Intestines - severe abdominal a/or epigastric pain, dysentery, food poisoning.
- Gynecological and Abdominal issues due to stagnation of Qi and Blood - masses, fibroids, cysts, irregular menstruation.
- With PC 6 for chest and heart pain, shen disorders, sighing, anxiety, insomnia, nervousness.
KD 2 Blazing Valley
- Generally useful for clearing excesses & acute presentations.
- Ying Spring Point - clears heat, especially KD empty heat - chronic sore throats, irritability, night sweats, thirst.
- Lower abdomen/sex organ/genital issues - Irregular menstruation, uterine prolapse, seminal emissions, impotence, genital itching and/or pain, difficult urination.
- Wasting and Thirsting Disorder - thirst, dry mouth.
- Local point for foot problems - swelling and/or pain, restless feet.
- KD related emotional imbalances - fear of being apprehended, fright.
- Moxa to tonify KD Yang.