Ying Spring Theory and Applications
The Ying Spring Points are a subsection of the Five Shu Points within TCM Theory. They have the following general usages:
- Ying-spring Points
- Where the Qi of the Channel trickles
- Located just proximal to the Jing-well points
- Actions & Effects
- Clears heat from the meridian/organ
- Effect on the opposite end of the channel (less than Jing-well)
- Clears Heat over the entire course of the channel (Jing-well works on the distal end)
What Points Are In This Category?
HT 8 Lesser Mansion
- HT Fire effecting the SI effecting the UB, heat descending to the lower jiao - incontinence, difficult urination, fungal infections, genital itching.
- Channel issues, sore throat, tongue stiffness, pain along the ulnar aspect of the arms.
- Heart Qi Deficiency - palpitations, fear, hot palms.
- Emotional disorders - although PC 8 may be a better choice.
- HT Fire effecting the mouth - ulcers, canker sores, etc. - although PC 7 or PC 8 may be a better choice.
- Local point for arm pain, elbow pain, and/or pain in the pinky finger.
KD 2 Blazing Valley
- Generally useful for clearing excesses & acute presentations.
- Ying Spring Point - clears heat, especially KD empty heat - chronic sore throats, irritability, night sweats, thirst.
- Lower abdomen/sex organ/genital issues - Irregular menstruation, uterine prolapse, seminal emissions, impotence, genital itching and/or pain, difficult urination.
- Wasting and Thirsting Disorder - thirst, dry mouth.
- Local point for foot problems - swelling and/or pain, restless feet.
- KD related emotional imbalances - fear of being apprehended, fright.
- Moxa to tonify KD Yang.
ST 44 Inner Court
- Ying Spring Point - Clears heat from the channel and organ - febrile disease with absence of sweating.
- Useful for issues of the Face & Jaw along with LI 4 - toothache, facial pain, bell's palsy, stroke, sore throat, eye pain.
- Damp Heat in the intestines - diarrha, dysentary, distention, abominal pain, constipation, GERD.
- Interior heat that presents with cold signs - Feel hot but hands/feet are cold or Red tongue w/cold extremities.
- Local point for pain and/or swelling of the dorsum of the foot.