Traditional Chinese Medicine utilizies a number of theories which group acupuncture points together based on their functions and/or other relationships. Many of these theories are important in a clinical setting and are used, along with other theory and diagnostic information, to decide which acupuncture points will be used for a given condition.
Below you find information regarding the sky window (or window of the sky) points. See our Acupuncture Point Categories section for a complete list of point categories.
For complete information about a single point, click on it within the chart.
Sky Window Points Theory and Applications
- The Sky Window points are a set of acupuncture points drawn from the Ling Shu.
- Generally they are not popularly used points, although some systems of acupuncture utilize them to a greater degree than others. The basic functions of the points are to improve the flow of energy between the head and the rest of the body.
- The points can be used for local issues such as neck pain, but also more complex issues such as multiple sclerosis and dizziness for example.
- The points are used extensively within the Tom Tam Healing System for a range of conditions such as MS, Parkinsons, Brain Tumors, etc. - in essence to facilitate the smooth flow of Blood and Qi to and from the Brain.
- The points and their clinical indications are as follows:
- ST 9 - regulation of blood pressure, headaches, chest tightness
- LI 18 - regulation of blood pressure
- TH 16 - sudden deafness, vision disturbances
- UB 10 - neck pain, occipital headache, wind-cold invasion
- LU 3 - neck pain, goiters, depression, asthma, grief, coughing of blood
- CV 22 - throat/vocal cord issues, aphasia, asthma, chest tightness
- SI 16/SI 17 - throat issues, goiters
- GV 16 - wind-cold invasion, dizziness, tremors, headache, eye issues, aphasia
- PC 1 - reflux, hiccups, chest tightness, breast issues, insufficient lactation
Sky Window Points Chart
© 2000-2017 - Yin Yang House - All Rights Reserved
Website Design and Management - Yin Yang House Media Services Group
Socialize With Us!