|LU 6 |
- Xi Cleft Point - for Acute attacks of OPI's, usually wind-heat or wind-dry - cough, wheezing, asthma, sore throat.
- Dry hacking cough, especially at night.
- Local point for pain along the meridian, especially at the joints.
|PC 4 |
- Acute palpitations, angina.
- Acute heat in the Blood, coughing or vomiting of Blood, bleeding hemorrhoids.
- Spirit disorders typically due to Blood stasis, yin spirit problems, depression, fear of people, grief.
|HT 6 |
- Night sweats, Steaming Bone Disorders, tonify Yin and Blood. Often used with SI 3 for nightsweats.
- Acute chest and/or heart pain from Blood stasis. Palpitations, although HT 5 may be better.
- Acute emotional disturbances - mania, anxiety, shock, sudden loss of voice.
- Counterflow qi - panic attacks, vomiting blood, nosebleeds.
|SI 6 |
- Acute and Severe Pain, in the neck, shoulder a/or arms.
- Useful point for treating elderly patients, deafness, tinnitus, failing vision, upper body/limb stiffness.
- Overwork a/or overstrain, fatigue in the extremities.
|TH 7 |
|LI 7 |
- Xi Cleft Point useful for pain due to stagnation along the meridian in the shoulders, elbows and wrist.
- Classically noted with LI 5 for "seeing ghosts," may be useful in manic conditions.
|SP 8 |
- Xi Cleft Point - acute and painful menstrual issues due to Blood stagnation - clotting, fibroids, dysmenorrhea, irregular menstruation.
- Male infertility - seminal emission, depleted essence.
|LV 6 |
- Acute hepatitis.
- Pain along the channel, genital region or medial knee.
|KD 5 |
- Generally nourishes Yin and Blood and moves the uterus.
- KD related menstrual issues, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea (pain/cramps), delayed menstruation, sensations of oppression below the heart (possibly at onset of menstruation).
- Uterine prolapse.
|KD 8 |
- Issues of movement and mobility of the medial aspect of the lower limbs, ankle, heel - sprains, pain
|KD 9 |
- Strong spirit disorders - anger, cursing, mania.
- Deficient yang, cold, in the abdomen - shan disorder, hernia, pain a/or retraction of the scrotum.
- Useful in a detox prescription to assist the cleansing, especially with respect to emotional outbreaks
|UB 59 |
- Acute pain a/or spasm of the Bladder a/or Yang Qiao meridians.
- Lateral ankle sprai.
|UB 63 |
|ST 34 |
- Lateral knee issues, swelling, pain, difficult movement.
- Pain, motor control, circulation issues of the knee and/or lower leg.
- Excess & Acute issues of the Stomach and chest - acute Stomach pain, GERD, vomiting, acute breast pain.
|GB 35 |
|GB 36 |
- Mentioned in the Bronze Man for treating rabies w/rage, fever, convulsions - moxa 3 cones after bite.
- Acute cholecystitis.
- Acute painful skin conditions