|TH 1 |
- Similar to TH 3 which is used more clinically.
|TH 2 |
- Similar to TH 3 which is used more clinically
|TH 4 |
- Dorsal wrist issues such as strains, sprains or subluxations.
- Wasting & thirsting disorder, regulates water metabolism, alleviates dry mouth a/or thirst.
- Moxa to tonify the Yang of the body
|TH 5 |
- Beginning exterior conditions, tonify for wind-cold, cold-damp & sedate for wind-heat, fever.
- Headache from exterior wind as well as migraines and headaches in any area especially with stiffness or pain in the posterior and lateral aspects of the neck.
- Upper limb disorders including the elbow, forearm, wrist and hand.
- Shaoyang stage diseases - alternating fever and chills, etc.
- Luo connecting point of the TH connects to the PC, TH 5 & PC 6 as master points of the Yang Wei and Yin Wei respectively can effect the balance of yin and yang in the body. If right pulse is stronger than the left (more Qi than Blood) disperse TH 5 & tonify PC 6 and vice versa
|TH 6 |
Effects the Triple Warmer in the following ways:
- Lower: Constipation due to stagnation and heat in the body.
- Middle: Issues with the chest & hypochondrium, often used with GB 34 for chest & rib pain, also "sudden turmoil disorder" (vomiting & diarrhea).
- Upper: Febrile diseases with no sweating, eye redness & pain, ear pain, inflammation.
|TH 7 |
Convergence and Gathering
|TH 8 |
Three Yang Connection
- Sudden deafness, acute or chronic loss of voice, apahsia, combine with HT 5 & CV 23.
|TH 9 |
|TH 10 |
- Transforms phlegm, reduce lymph swellings, thyroid disorders.
- Elbow pain, tendonitis.
- One-sided headache, migraines.
- Useful for depression a/or anxiety, especially with chest pain or oppression, angina a/or palpitations.
- Epilepsy (phlegm obstruction), possibly mania as well.
- TH 5 is for headache anywhere whereas TH 10 is specifically for one-sided headaches
|TH 11 |
Clear Cold Abyss
|TH 12 |
|TH 14 |
Shoulder Bone Hole
- Shoulder problems, especially those involving the lateral or posterior aspects of the shoulder
|TH 15 |
Celestial Bone Hole
|TH 16 |
- Local Point.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the occipital artery and the vertebral artery. Useful for occipital issues, glaucoma, etc.
- Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the Tam Healing system.
|TH 17 |
- Wind problems deriving from internal or external sources, Bell's palsy.
- Ear problems, tinnitus, deafness, acute earache due to wind cold
|TH 18 |
|TH 19 |
|TH 20 |
|TH 21 |
- Ear problems of an excess or deficient nature, tinnitus, deafness, earache.
- TMJ problems, upper jaw toothache, combine with ST 6 & ST 7
|TH 22 |
Harmony Bone Hole
|TH 23 |
Silk Bamboo Hole
- Eye pain, redness, swelling, twitching, drooping eyelid.
- Liver Wind or Liver Fire headache, combine with local points
Upper Arm Convergence
- Ear Problems of any etiology such as excess tinnitus, especially those arising from a LV issue such as LV Qi Stagnation or LV Yin Deficiency.
- Distal point for temporal headaches, shoulder a/or upper back pain, pain a/or inflammation in the throat.
- Eye diseases with GB 37.