Names Of Wei Shu
UB 21 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Stomach Shu
- Pinyin Name: Wei Shu
- Chinese Character: 胃俞
Where Is UB 21 ?
What Is UB 21 Used For?
UB 21 Clinical Usages
- Main point for all Stomach related issues in TCM diagnostic terms - harmonizes the stomach, transforms damp and resolves stagnation: food stagnation, abdominal distention, borborygmus, mouth ulcers, vomiting, belching, nausea, etc.
- Dissolve accumulations/lumps in the abdomen, combine with Pigen (point for lumps, tumors), 3.5 cun lateral to the lower border of L1. Due to the same qi stagnation resolving functions it may also be useful for pain in the chest, stomach/spleen area and lateral costal margin area.
- As the point also regulates the upward rising qi functions, it is used for prolapse of the rectum and uses with other points for hiatal hernias.
There Are 67 Points Along The (UB) Urinary Bladder Meridian ...
UB 1 UB 2 UB 3 UB 4 UB 5 UB 6 UB 7 UB 8 UB 9 UB 10 UB 11 UB 12 UB 13 UB 14 UB 15 UB 16 UB 17 UB 18 UB 19 UB 20 UB 21 UB 22 UB 23 UB 24 UB 25 UB 26 UB 27 UB 28 UB 29 UB 30 UB 31 UB 32 UB 33 UB 34 UB 35 UB 36 UB 37 UB 38 UB 39 UB 40 UB 41 UB 42 UB 43 UB 44 UB 45 UB 46 UB 47 UB 48 UB 49 UB 50 UB 51 UB 52 UB 53 UB 54 UB 55 UB 56 UB 57 UB 58 UB 59 UB 60 UB 61 UB 62 UB 63 UB 64 UB 65 UB 66 UB 67
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Is Acupuncture Chinese?, A Pseudoscience?, A Religion?
How Is UB 21 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use UB 21 ?
What Conditions May Use UB 21 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Epigastric Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Chest Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)