Names Of Wei Shu
UB 21 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Stomach Shu
- Pinyin Name: Wei Shu
- Chinese Character: 胃俞
Where Is UB 21 ?
What Is UB 21 Used For?
UB 21 Clinical Usages
- Main point for all Stomach related issues in TCM diagnostic terms - harmonizes the stomach, transforms damp and resolves stagnation: food stagnation, abdominal distention, borborygmus, mouth ulcers, vomiting, belching, nausea, etc.
- Dissolve accumulations/lumps in the abdomen, combine with Pigen (point for lumps, tumors), 3.5 cun lateral to the lower border of L1. Due to the same qi stagnation resolving functions it may also be useful for pain in the chest, stomach/spleen area and lateral costal margin area.
- As the point also regulates the upward rising qi functions, it is used for prolapse of the rectum and uses with other points for hiatal hernias.
There Are 67 Points Along The (UB) Urinary Bladder Meridian ...
UB 1 UB 2 UB 3 UB 4 UB 5 UB 6 UB 7 UB 8 UB 9 UB 10 UB 11 UB 12 UB 13 UB 14 UB 15 UB 16 UB 17 UB 18 UB 19 UB 20 UB 21 UB 22 UB 23 UB 24 UB 25 UB 26 UB 27 UB 28 UB 29 UB 30 UB 31 UB 32 UB 33 UB 34 UB 35 UB 36 UB 37 UB 38 UB 39 UB 40 UB 41 UB 42 UB 43 UB 44 UB 45 UB 46 UB 47 UB 48 UB 49 UB 50 UB 51 UB 52 UB 53 UB 54 UB 55 UB 56 UB 57 UB 58 UB 59 UB 60 UB 61 UB 62 UB 63 UB 64 UB 65 UB 66 UB 67
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Acupuncture Related Stimulation Found Helpful for Asthma
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- The Treatment of High Cholesterol with Chinese Medicine and the Tam Healing System
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Acupuncture Treatment Prognosis Guidelines
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
How Is UB 21 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use UB 21 ?
What Conditions May Use UB 21 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Epigastric Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Chest Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)