Names Of Wei Zhong
UB 40 Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Bend Middle
- Pinyin Name: Wei Zhong
- Chinese Character: 委中
Where Is UB 40 ?
What Is UB 40 Used For?
UB 40 Clinical Usages
- As the Lumbar Command Point, useful for all lumbar related issues: acute low back pain, sprain, muscle spasms, etc.
- Main point for heat conditions such as summer heat, heatstroke and heat exhaustion. Nightsweats in some cases from deficiency.
- Main point for all skin related issues: itching, oozing, inflammation, eczema, etc.
- Good local point for hip, leg a/or knee pain.
There Are 67 Points Along The (UB) Urinary Bladder Meridian ...
UB 1 UB 2 UB 3 UB 4 UB 5 UB 6 UB 7 UB 8 UB 9 UB 10 UB 11 UB 12 UB 13 UB 14 UB 15 UB 16 UB 17 UB 18 UB 19 UB 20 UB 21 UB 22 UB 23 UB 24 UB 25 UB 26 UB 27 UB 28 UB 29 UB 30 UB 31 UB 32 UB 33 UB 34 UB 35 UB 36 UB 37 UB 38 UB 39 UB 40 UB 41 UB 42 UB 43 UB 44 UB 45 UB 46 UB 47 UB 48 UB 49 UB 50 UB 51 UB 52 UB 53 UB 54 UB 55 UB 56 UB 57 UB 58 UB 59 UB 60 UB 61 UB 62 UB 63 UB 64 UB 65 UB 66 UB 67
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where UB 40 Is Discussed
- Basic Tools In The Treatment Of Sports Injuries With Acupuncture
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Great Article About the Legacy and Future of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- My Kidneys Are What?
- Study Shows Preventive Acupuncture Better for Dysmenorrhea (Cramps/Painful Menstruation)
- Acupuncture is not a placebo effect
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
How Is UB 40 Categorized?
What Diagnostic Patterns May Use UB 40 ?
What Conditions May Use UB 40 ?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
What Points Are Near UB 40 ?
UB 39 Bend Yang
- Harmonize the triple warmer, damp heat conditions effecting the lower warmer: disperse for difficult urination, tonify for urinary incontinence.
- Frees the channel - lumbar pain, lower intestinal distention, hemorrhoids.
- Swellings in the axillary region.
- Local point for knee issues.
LV 8 Spring at the Bend
- Tonify LV Yin and Blood, clears excess heat patterns.
- Genital issues related to damp-heat - pain/swelling, retention of urine, cystitis, prostatitis, ovarian cysts.
- Tonify Yin from mental, physical, emotional strain.
- Medial knee pain.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Knee problems, even if on the lateral side of the knee, also useful for abdominal pain, urination issues, groin issues (itch/pain).
- Main treatment point of Liver Sho pattern (with KD 10) - in Japanese style Five Phase treatment protocol.