Names Of Huatuojiaji
C7 Huatuo Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Sides of Spine at C7
- Pinyin Name: Huatuojiaji
- Chinese Character: 華佗夾脊
Where Is C7 Huatuo?
C7 Huatuo Image
All Images © 2019 Yin Yang House - No Unauthorized Duplication
What Is C7 Huatuo Used For?
C7 Huatuo Clinical Usages
- C7 innervates the parathyroid gland and as it has a role in calcium utilization, this point is use dfor a range of bone problems, arthritis, bone spurs, osteoporosis, etc. Also used locally for problems down in the arm and hands, shoulder pain, carpal tunnel, etc.
- Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. The cervical huatuo points are not needled as often, but used with tuina and/or tonren therapy.
Our Site Has 69 Extra Points...
(EX) Anmian (EX) Bafeng (EX) Bailao (EX) Baxie (EX) Bitong (EX) Biyan (EX) Dannang Xue (EX) Dingchuan (EX) Erbai (EX) Erjian (EX) Heding C1 HuatuoC2 HuatuoC3 HuatuoC4 HuatuoC5 HuatuoC6 HuatuoC7 HuatuoL1 HuatuoL2 HuatuoL3 HuatuoL4 HuatuoL5 HuatuoS1 HuatuoS2 HuatuoS3 HuatuoS4 HuatuoS5 HuatuoT1 HuatuoT2 HuatuoT3 HuatuoT4 HuatuoT5 HuatuoT6 HuatuoT7 HuatuoT8 HuatuoT9 HuatuoT10 HuatuoT11 HuatuoT12 Huatuo(EX) Huatuojiaji (EX) Jianqian (EX) Jinjin (L) and Yuye (R) (EX) Lanweixue (EX) Luozhen (EX) Nao Qing (EX) Neimadian (EX) Qianzheng (EX) Qipang (EX) Shang Lian Quan(EX) Shangming(EX) Shimian (EX) Shiqizhui (Josen) (EX) Shixuan (EX) Sifeng (EX) Sishencong(EX) Taiyang (EX) Tian Dong (EX) Timmee(EX) Xiao Chan Xue(EX) Xinming 1(EX) Xinming 2(EX) Xiyan (EX) Yaotongxue (EX) Yaoyan (EX) Yi Ming (EX) Yintang (EX) Yuyao (EX) Zigongxue
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Bloodletting Found Effective For Migraines - no not "that" bloodletting...
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- Electroacupuncture Found More Effective Than Nimodipine for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Acupuncture Useful for Gouty Arthritis
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
What Conditions May Use C7 Huatuo?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Arthritis (Bi Syndromes)
- Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Shoulder Pain
What Points Are Near C7 Huatuo?
GV 14 Great Hammer
- Meeting point of all yang meridians, GV 14 is indicated for exterior conditions as it expels pathogens and firms the yang; clearing heat and fevers whether mild or severe; and for tonifying the yang and strengthening the neck and spine.
- Main point for acute wind cold or wind heat, colds and flu, especially with fever and chills, opens the pores to cause sweating. If a patient with underlying deficiency presents with chills and no fever use moxa.
- Main point for reducing high fevers, combine with LU 11, UB 40 (can bleed these points). Main point for summer heat.
- Cough, asthma.
- Main point for spontaneous sweating from qi deficiency or night sweats from yin deficiency.
- Main point for neck and upper back pain and stiffness, combine with GB 20, UB 10, UB 11, UB 12, Bailao, SI 12, SI 13, etc. As the tissue is often thick here, insert slowly and use mild manipulation, then redirect needle towards each shoulder using oblique insertion.
- Strengthens the wei qi, wind cold can enter the body through the triangle formed by GV 14 and UB 12. Keep this area warm, supple and flexible with needle, moxa, massage to promote longevity.
- Epilepsy, hypertension, insomnia, nosebleed.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used for bone issues (arthritis, spurs, scoliosis), calcium issues, hand issues.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Keep Exploring...(EX) Anmian , (EX) Bafeng , (EX) Bailao , (EX) Baxie , (EX) Bitong , (EX) Biyan , (EX) Dannang Xue , (EX) Dingchuan , (EX) Erbai , (EX) Erjian , (EX) Heding , C1 Huatuo, C2 Huatuo, C3 Huatuo, C4 Huatuo, C5 Huatuo, C6 Huatuo, C7 Huatuo, L1 Huatuo, L2 Huatuo, L3 Huatuo, L4 Huatuo, L5 Huatuo, S1 Huatuo, S2 Huatuo, S3 Huatuo, S4 Huatuo, S5 Huatuo, T1 Huatuo, T2 Huatuo, T3 Huatuo, T4 Huatuo, T5 Huatuo, T6 Huatuo, T7 Huatuo, T8 Huatuo, T9 Huatuo, T10 Huatuo, T11 Huatuo, T12 Huatuo, (EX) Huatuojiaji , (EX) Jianqian , (EX) Jinjin (L) and Yuye (R) , (EX) Lanweixue , (EX) Luozhen , (EX) Nao Qing , (EX) Neimadian , (EX) Qianzheng , (EX) Qipang , (EX) Shang Lian Quan, (EX) Shangming, (EX) Shimian , (EX) Shiqizhui (Josen) , (EX) Shixuan , (EX) Sifeng , (EX) Sishencong, (EX) Taiyang , (EX) Tian Dong , (EX) Timmee, (EX) Xiao Chan Xue, (EX) Xinming 1, (EX) Xinming 2, (EX) Xiyan , (EX) Yaotongxue , (EX) Yaoyan , (EX) Yi Ming , (EX) Yintang , (EX) Yuyao , (EX) Zigongxue
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc