Names Of Huatuojiaji
L5 Huatuo Acupuncture Point
- English Name: Sides of Spine at L5
- Pinyin Name: Huatuojiaji
- Chinese Character: 華佗夾脊
Where Is L5 Huatuo?
L5 Huatuo Image
All Images © 2019 Yin Yang House - No Unauthorized Duplication
What Is L5 Huatuo Used For?
L5 Huatuo Clinical Usages
- L5 innervates the descending colon and is used for the entire range of bowel issues, hemorrhoids, constipation, IBS, diarrhea, etc. The huatuo at L1 or L2, however, is often the area that is blocked with this range of issues. This area may be used for low back pain, sciatic pain, problems with the lower extremities, enuresis, polyuria and other related issues.
- Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or tonren therapy.
Our Site Has 69 Extra Points...
(EX) Anmian (EX) Bafeng (EX) Bailao (EX) Baxie (EX) Bitong (EX) Biyan (EX) Dannang Xue (EX) Dingchuan (EX) Erbai (EX) Erjian (EX) Heding C1 HuatuoC2 HuatuoC3 HuatuoC4 HuatuoC5 HuatuoC6 HuatuoC7 HuatuoL1 HuatuoL2 HuatuoL3 HuatuoL4 HuatuoL5 HuatuoS1 HuatuoS2 HuatuoS3 HuatuoS4 HuatuoS5 HuatuoT1 HuatuoT2 HuatuoT3 HuatuoT4 HuatuoT5 HuatuoT6 HuatuoT7 HuatuoT8 HuatuoT9 HuatuoT10 HuatuoT11 HuatuoT12 Huatuo(EX) Huatuojiaji (EX) Jianqian (EX) Jinjin (L) and Yuye (R) (EX) Lanweixue (EX) Luozhen (EX) Nao Qing (EX) Neimadian (EX) Qianzheng (EX) Qipang (EX) Shang Lian Quan(EX) Shangming(EX) Shimian (EX) Shiqizhui (Josen) (EX) Shixuan (EX) Sifeng (EX) Sishencong(EX) Taiyang (EX) Tian Dong (EX) Timmee(EX) Xiao Chan Xue(EX) Xinming 1(EX) Xinming 2(EX) Xiyan (EX) Yaotongxue (EX) Yaoyan (EX) Yi Ming (EX) Yintang (EX) Yuyao (EX) Zigongxue
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Acupuncture
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- The Treatment of High Cholesterol with Chinese Medicine and the Tam Healing System
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Self-Help, Acupressure, and Acupuncture for Seasonal Allergy Relief
- My Liver is What?
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- My Lungs Are What? Melancholy, Fall, and A Good Deep Breath
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
What Conditions May Use L5 Huatuo?
This point along with others in a proper point prescription may be used to balance the following Conditions / Symptoms:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Crohn's Disease
- Back Pain
- Urinary Disorders (Lin Disease)
What Points Are Near L5 Huatuo?
UB 26 Origin Pass Shu
- Local point for clearing the channel - low back pain, both as a local point and from wind invasion (possibly with UB 28).
- Dissipates cold in the lower warmer - abdominal pain, bowel issues, abdominal masses.
- Possibly useful for a range of urinary issues - frequency, nighttime urination, difficult urination.
Where Do I Go Next?
List Of Related Points
Keep Exploring...(EX) Anmian , (EX) Bafeng , (EX) Bailao , (EX) Baxie , (EX) Bitong , (EX) Biyan , (EX) Dannang Xue , (EX) Dingchuan , (EX) Erbai , (EX) Erjian , (EX) Heding , C1 Huatuo, C2 Huatuo, C3 Huatuo, C4 Huatuo, C5 Huatuo, C6 Huatuo, C7 Huatuo, L1 Huatuo, L2 Huatuo, L3 Huatuo, L4 Huatuo, L5 Huatuo, S1 Huatuo, S2 Huatuo, S3 Huatuo, S4 Huatuo, S5 Huatuo, T1 Huatuo, T2 Huatuo, T3 Huatuo, T4 Huatuo, T5 Huatuo, T6 Huatuo, T7 Huatuo, T8 Huatuo, T9 Huatuo, T10 Huatuo, T11 Huatuo, T12 Huatuo, (EX) Huatuojiaji , (EX) Jianqian , (EX) Jinjin (L) and Yuye (R) , (EX) Lanweixue , (EX) Luozhen , (EX) Nao Qing , (EX) Neimadian , (EX) Qianzheng , (EX) Qipang , (EX) Shang Lian Quan, (EX) Shangming, (EX) Shimian , (EX) Shiqizhui (Josen) , (EX) Shixuan , (EX) Sifeng , (EX) Sishencong, (EX) Taiyang , (EX) Tian Dong , (EX) Timmee, (EX) Xiao Chan Xue, (EX) Xinming 1, (EX) Xinming 2, (EX) Xiyan , (EX) Yaotongxue , (EX) Yaoyan , (EX) Yi Ming , (EX) Yintang , (EX) Yuyao , (EX) Zigongxue
Follow, Join, and Participate
Get Our App
Join Our Email List (3-5 email updates/yr)
All Content Copyright © 1999-2020 Yin Yang House Inc