Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Abnormal Posture
What Is Abnormal Posture?
Abnormal Posture - Basics
Abnormal posture or poor posture can indicate weakness in the body's energy overall, such as spleen qi deficiency, or other qi and yang deficiencies. It may also indicate other structural weaknesses that are developing.
What Patterns Are Related To Abnormal Posture?
Abnormal Posture - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of abnormal posture generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of abnormal posture:Kidney Qi DeficiencySpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Acupuncture effective for Bell's Palsy - Peripheral Facial Paralysis
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Abnormal Posture?
Abnormal Posture - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for abnormal posture that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with abnormal posture:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about abnormal posture? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums