Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Acrocyanosis
What Is Acrocyanosis?
Acrocyanosis - Basics
Acrocyanosis is a bluish or purple coloring of the hands and feet (although it may show up in other areas such as the nose, ears, etc.) caused by slow circulation that may arise from central or local tissue issues, it can be painful. It may arise from psychiatric, autoimmune, metabolic, or other issues so diagnosis in TCM terms is important for treatment. Liver qi stagnation or kidney yin deficiency may be somewhat common.
What Patterns Are Related To Acrocyanosis?
Acrocyanosis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of acrocyanosis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of acrocyanosis:Kidney Yin DeficiencyLiver Qi Stagnation
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure at SP 6 (San Yin Jiao) Found Helpful for Dysmenorrhea (Painful Menstruation/Cramping)
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
- Tailored Tai Chi Training Outperformed Traditional Training in Balance and Muscle Strength Measures
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Acrocyanosis?
Acrocyanosis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for acrocyanosis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with acrocyanosis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about acrocyanosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps