Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Acrocyanosis
What Is Acrocyanosis?
Acrocyanosis - Basics
Acrocyanosis is a bluish or purple coloring of the hands and feet (although it may show up in other areas such as the nose, ears, etc.) caused by slow circulation that may arise from central or local tissue issues, it can be painful. It may arise from psychiatric, autoimmune, metabolic, or other issues so diagnosis in TCM terms is important for treatment. Liver qi stagnation or kidney yin deficiency may be somewhat common.
What Patterns Are Related To Acrocyanosis?
Acrocyanosis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of acrocyanosis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of acrocyanosis:Kidney Yin DeficiencyLiver Qi Stagnation
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Acrocyanosis?
Acrocyanosis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for acrocyanosis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with acrocyanosis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about acrocyanosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)
- Emphysema healed
- Jade screen formula