Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Acromegaly
What Is Acromegaly?
Acromegaly - Basics
Acromegaly is a disorder, most common in adults, where the pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone often resulting in the enlargement of hands and feet but may include a wide range of issues including excessive sweating, changes in sinuses and/or voice, muscle weakness, menstrual issues in women, and more. It is uncommon and often starts mildly so before diagnosis is arrived at it may have been present for many years. In Chinese terms this is often a kidney system imbalance.
What Patterns Are Related To Acromegaly?
Acromegaly - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of acromegaly generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of acromegaly:Kidney Jing DeficiencyKidney Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Acromegaly?
Acromegaly - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for acromegaly that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with acromegaly:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about acromegaly? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums