Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Acromegaly
What Is Acromegaly?
Acromegaly - Basics
Acromegaly is a disorder, most common in adults, where the pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone often resulting in the enlargement of hands and feet but may include a wide range of issues including excessive sweating, changes in sinuses and/or voice, muscle weakness, menstrual issues in women, and more. It is uncommon and often starts mildly so before diagnosis is arrived at it may have been present for many years. In Chinese terms this is often a kidney system imbalance.
What Patterns Are Related To Acromegaly?
Acromegaly - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of acromegaly generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of acromegaly:Kidney Jing DeficiencyKidney Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Looking at the unwell can make you well...
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan Found Effective for Post Cancer Fatigue
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Senobi Breathing Stretch May Reduce Need for Emergency Asthma Treatment
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Acromegaly?
Acromegaly - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for acromegaly that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with acromegaly:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about acromegaly? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan