Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Addictions (Drugs)
What Is Addictions (Drugs)?
Addictions (Drugs) - Basics
Drug addiction is a chronic brain disease that causes the compulsive seeking of and use of drugs despite adverse consequences. Addiction is considered a brain disease because the chemicals in drugs change the structure and functionality of the brain, creating long-lasting effects in the user.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Addiction.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Addictions (Drugs)?
Addictions (Drugs) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for addictions (drugs) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with addictions (drugs):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about addictions (drugs)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Fallopian tubes
- Multiple diagnosis
- Suggestions on how to treat edema of the head and fingers
- Anxiety, neck pain, glands and respiratory problems
- Ocular migraine in TCM
- Acupuncture to rid uterine polyp
- Five Seasons when do the start and when do they end
- Skin problem Fungal
- Night body aches
- Tiger warmer/ lion warmer