Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Addictions (Drugs)
What Is Addictions (Drugs)?
Addictions (Drugs) - Basics
Drug addiction is a chronic brain disease that causes the compulsive seeking of and use of drugs despite adverse consequences. Addiction is considered a brain disease because the chemicals in drugs change the structure and functionality of the brain, creating long-lasting effects in the user.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Addiction.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Acupuncture Outperforms Splinting for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury
- Qigong Shown Helpful For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Addictions (Drugs)?
Addictions (Drugs) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for addictions (drugs) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with addictions (drugs):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about addictions (drugs)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums