Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency)
What Is Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency)?
Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency) - Basics
Addison's Disease occurs when your adrenal glands don't make enough of the hormones that help your body respond to stress and regulate your blood pressure and water and salt balance. It is usually caused when your immune system mistakenly attacks your own tissues, damaging your adrenal glands.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Addison's Disease.
What Patterns Are Related To Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency)?
Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency):Kidney Qi DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencyLiver Yin DeficiencySpleen Blood DeficiencySpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Study Finds Acupuncture 94.8% Effective for Fibromyalgia Pain Symptoms
- Need Focus and Impulse Control? - Practice Tai Chi
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums