Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency)
What Is Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency)?
Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency) - Basics
Addison's Disease occurs when your adrenal glands don't make enough of the hormones that help your body respond to stress and regulate your blood pressure and water and salt balance. It is usually caused when your immune system mistakenly attacks your own tissues, damaging your adrenal glands.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Addison's Disease.
What Patterns Are Related To Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency)?
Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency):Kidney Qi DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencyLiver Yin DeficiencySpleen Blood DeficiencySpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Study Finds Acupuncture Bloodletting Superior to Penicillin for Acute Tonsillitis in Children
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Acupressure at SP 6 (San Yin Jiao) Found Helpful for Dysmenorrhea (Painful Menstruation/Cramping)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions