Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency)
What Is Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency)?
Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency) - Basics
Addison's Disease occurs when your adrenal glands don't make enough of the hormones that help your body respond to stress and regulate your blood pressure and water and salt balance. It is usually caused when your immune system mistakenly attacks your own tissues, damaging your adrenal glands.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Addison's Disease.
What Patterns Are Related To Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency)?
Addison's Disease (Adrenal Insufficiency) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency):Kidney Qi DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencyLiver Yin DeficiencySpleen Blood DeficiencySpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Tai Chi Found To Slow Early Parkinson's Progression Delaying Need For Levodopa
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums