Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
What Is Alcoholic Liver Disease?
Alcoholic Liver Disease - Basics
Alcoholic liver disease encompasses many liver conditions including cirrhosis, fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, chronic hepatitis, and fibrosis all arising from excessive alcohol consumption. In Chinese Medicine terms this often involves damp heat in the liver and/or gallbladder systems, but there are other relevant factors that are possible.
What Patterns Are Related To Alcoholic Liver Disease?
Alcoholic Liver Disease - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of alcoholic liver disease generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of alcoholic liver disease:Liver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen and Stomach Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Exploration of KD 3 Acupuncture Point - Brain Changes (Study)
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Acupuncture Outperforms Splinting for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Alcoholic Liver Disease?
Alcoholic Liver Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for alcoholic liver disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with alcoholic liver disease:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about alcoholic liver disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums