Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
What Is Alcoholic Liver Disease?
Alcoholic Liver Disease - Basics
Alcoholic liver disease encompasses many liver conditions including cirrhosis, fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, chronic hepatitis, and fibrosis all arising from excessive alcohol consumption. In Chinese Medicine terms this often involves damp heat in the liver and/or gallbladder systems, but there are other relevant factors that are possible.
What Patterns Are Related To Alcoholic Liver Disease?
Alcoholic Liver Disease - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of alcoholic liver disease generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of alcoholic liver disease:Liver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen and Stomach Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Pulse Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine - Starting A Modern Scientific Method
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Alcoholic Liver Disease?
Alcoholic Liver Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for alcoholic liver disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with alcoholic liver disease:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about alcoholic liver disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums