Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Alcoholism
What Is Alcoholism?
Alcoholism - Basics
Alcoholism is characterized by uncontrolled drinking and a preoccupation with alcohol. It is essentially a treatable condition that often does best with counseling and other interventions including acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, the NADA protocol being one well studied, effective example. In Chinese Medicine terms the underlying factors can vary considerably so proper diagnostic intakes are critical for effective treatment.
What Patterns Are Related To Alcoholism?
Alcoholism - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of alcoholism generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of alcoholism:Liver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Tai Chi for Diabetes
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan Found Effective for Post Cancer Fatigue
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Alcoholism?
Alcoholism - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for alcoholism that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with alcoholism:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about alcoholism? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums