Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Alcoholism
What Is Alcoholism?
Alcoholism - Basics
Alcoholism is characterized by uncontrolled drinking and a preoccupation with alcohol. It is essentially a treatable condition that often does best with counseling and other interventions including acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, the NADA protocol being one well studied, effective example. In Chinese Medicine terms the underlying factors can vary considerably so proper diagnostic intakes are critical for effective treatment.
What Patterns Are Related To Alcoholism?
Alcoholism - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of alcoholism generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of alcoholism:Liver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Acupuncture for Colitis - Animal Study Leads To Clues of Benefit
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Alcoholism?
Alcoholism - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for alcoholism that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with alcoholism:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about alcoholism? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Intense itching in the same spot
- issue of urine drops
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines