Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Alcoholism
What Is Alcoholism?
Alcoholism - Basics
Alcoholism is characterized by uncontrolled drinking and a preoccupation with alcohol. It is essentially a treatable condition that often does best with counseling and other interventions including acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, the NADA protocol being one well studied, effective example. In Chinese Medicine terms the underlying factors can vary considerably so proper diagnostic intakes are critical for effective treatment.
What Patterns Are Related To Alcoholism?
Alcoholism - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of alcoholism generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of alcoholism:Liver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Electro Acupuncture Helpful to Reduce Post-Operative Pain Following Spinal Surgery
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Alcoholism?
Alcoholism - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for alcoholism that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with alcoholism:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about alcoholism? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums