Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Alopecia
What Is Alopecia?
Alopecia - Basics
Alopecia is a condition that causes hair loss. Although the causes are unknown, it is thought to be an auto-immune condition. This occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys healthy body tissue.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Alopecia.
What Patterns Are Related To Alopecia?
Alopecia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of alopecia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of alopecia:Kidney Jing DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Study Shows Improvements in Mood from Meditation
- Study Recommends Acupuncture to Improve Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer Patients
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Alopecia
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Alopecia
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about alopecia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums