Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Alopecia
What Is Alopecia?
Alopecia - Basics
Alopecia is a condition that causes hair loss. Although the causes are unknown, it is thought to be an auto-immune condition. This occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys healthy body tissue.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Alopecia.
What Patterns Are Related To Alopecia?
Alopecia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of alopecia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of alopecia:Kidney Jing DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Want To Avoid Another Stroke? Utilize Acupuncture... (Study)
- Acupuncture effect on ALS (Lou Gehrig's) in animal models
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Looking at the unwell can make you well...
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Alopecia
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Alopecia
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about alopecia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums