Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Alopecia
What Is Alopecia?
Alopecia - Basics
Alopecia is a condition that causes hair loss. Although the causes are unknown, it is thought to be an auto-immune condition. This occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys healthy body tissue.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Alopecia.
What Patterns Are Related To Alopecia?
Alopecia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of alopecia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of alopecia:Kidney Jing DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Electroacupuncture Found More Effective Than Nimodipine for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Study Finds Tai Chi Helpful for Parkinson's Disease
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Alopecia
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Alopecia
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about alopecia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums