Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Alzheimer's Disease
What Is Alzheimer's Disease?
Alzheimer's Disease - Basics
Alzheimer's Disease is a gradual, irreversible disease that attacks the brain, affecting the memory and thinking skills and eventually progressing to damage other regions of the brain such that simple daily functions become nearly impossible. AD can begin to damage the brain, creating neurofibrillary tangles and abnormal clumps called amyloid plaques, as early as 10 to 20 years before problematic signs appear. As the plaques and tangles grow in numbers, healthy neurons begin to function less efficiently and eventually die. This action eventually spreads to the hippocampus, a structure in the brain that is essential to the forming of memories. In the final stages of Alzheimer's Disease, the brain has experienced severe damage and shrinkage.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Alzheimer's Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Alzheimer's Disease?
Alzheimer's Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for alzheimer's disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with alzheimer's disease:
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Alzheimer's Disease
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about alzheimer's disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums