Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Alzheimer's Disease
What Is Alzheimer's Disease?
Alzheimer's Disease - Basics
Alzheimer's Disease is a gradual, irreversible disease that attacks the brain, affecting the memory and thinking skills and eventually progressing to damage other regions of the brain such that simple daily functions become nearly impossible. AD can begin to damage the brain, creating neurofibrillary tangles and abnormal clumps called amyloid plaques, as early as 10 to 20 years before problematic signs appear. As the plaques and tangles grow in numbers, healthy neurons begin to function less efficiently and eventually die. This action eventually spreads to the hippocampus, a structure in the brain that is essential to the forming of memories. In the final stages of Alzheimer's Disease, the brain has experienced severe damage and shrinkage.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Alzheimer's Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Alzheimer's Disease?
Alzheimer's Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for alzheimer's disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with alzheimer's disease:
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Alzheimer's Disease
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about alzheimer's disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms