Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Alzheimer's Disease
What Is Alzheimer's Disease?
Alzheimer's Disease - Basics
Alzheimer's Disease is a gradual, irreversible disease that attacks the brain, affecting the memory and thinking skills and eventually progressing to damage other regions of the brain such that simple daily functions become nearly impossible. AD can begin to damage the brain, creating neurofibrillary tangles and abnormal clumps called amyloid plaques, as early as 10 to 20 years before problematic signs appear. As the plaques and tangles grow in numbers, healthy neurons begin to function less efficiently and eventually die. This action eventually spreads to the hippocampus, a structure in the brain that is essential to the forming of memories. In the final stages of Alzheimer's Disease, the brain has experienced severe damage and shrinkage.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Alzheimer's Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Moxibustion Found To Suppress Colon Inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Tai Chi Found To Slow Early Parkinson's Progression Delaying Need For Levodopa
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Alzheimer's Disease?
Alzheimer's Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for alzheimer's disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with alzheimer's disease:
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Alzheimer's Disease
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about alzheimer's disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- CCSVI and MS (Chronic Cerebralspinal Venous Insufficiency and Multiple Sclerosis)
- Post brain stroke upper limb
- Treatment for Ulcerative Colitus
- Pressure sores - 1 on each hip
- How long does it take to fully recover from yang collapse?
- Query re allergiesp
- Pigu Chi Gong Fasting
- Adrenaline and insomnia - acupuncture?
- Chronic nose/sinus problems
- Get the formula.