Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Amnesia
What Is Amnesia?
Amnesia - Basics
Amnesia is a loss of memory which may arise from brain damage, certain diseases, psychological trauma and/or certain medications. It may be partial and may self-resolve or may be more difficult to regain. Due to the various factors that may lead to amnesia proper diagnosis in TCM terms is critical for proper treatment. The heart system and/or phlegm may be involved in TCM terms.
What Patterns Are Related To Amnesia?
Amnesia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of amnesia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of amnesia:Heart Yin DeficiencyPhlegm Misting the Heart
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Amnesia?
Amnesia - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for amnesia that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with amnesia:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about amnesia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge
- Crepey skin on upper arms
- Treatment for Gastroparesis
- Pins and Needles / Neuropathy
- Thyroid nodule recommendations?
- Family member in Coma
- How to differentiate between the root cause and the branch?
- Urinary Bladder (Uncommon) Disorder
- The significance of source points