Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Amnesia
What Is Amnesia?
Amnesia - Basics
Amnesia is a loss of memory which may arise from brain damage, certain diseases, psychological trauma and/or certain medications. It may be partial and may self-resolve or may be more difficult to regain. Due to the various factors that may lead to amnesia proper diagnosis in TCM terms is critical for proper treatment. The heart system and/or phlegm may be involved in TCM terms.
What Patterns Are Related To Amnesia?
Amnesia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of amnesia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of amnesia:Heart Yin DeficiencyPhlegm Misting the Heart
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
- Eight Brocades Qigong Eases Cancer Related Fatigue
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Study Finds Acupuncture 94.8% Effective for Fibromyalgia Pain Symptoms
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Amnesia?
Amnesia - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for amnesia that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with amnesia:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about amnesia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan