Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Amnesia
What Is Amnesia?
Amnesia - Basics
Amnesia is a loss of memory which may arise from brain damage, certain diseases, psychological trauma and/or certain medications. It may be partial and may self-resolve or may be more difficult to regain. Due to the various factors that may lead to amnesia proper diagnosis in TCM terms is critical for proper treatment. The heart system and/or phlegm may be involved in TCM terms.
What Patterns Are Related To Amnesia?
Amnesia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of amnesia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of amnesia:Heart Yin DeficiencyPhlegm Misting the Heart
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi for Diabetes
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Pulse Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine - Starting A Modern Scientific Method
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Amnesia?
Amnesia - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for amnesia that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with amnesia:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about amnesia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums