Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
What Is Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)?
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) - Basics
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is a type of motor neuron disease, which degenerates and eventually kills the nerve cells that control voluntary movement of the muscles. Also called Lou Gehrig's Disease, ALS occurs when the motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord (called upper and lower neurons, respectively) weaken and eventually become unable to transmit messages to the muscles, which controls their function. The muscles progressively weaken, leading to atrophy and involuntary twitches.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for ALS.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Acupuncture calms stress and improves immunity in the elderly
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)?
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (als) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (als):
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Bu Yang Huan Wu Wan (Tonify Yang To Restore Five Tenths Decoction)
- Post-stroke recovery when stasis is from qi and yang deficiency - post-stroke symptoms, paralysis, atrophy of the limbs, drooling, slurred speech, etc.
- Other potential uses with the correct underlying diagnosis in any blood stasis patients - MS, raynauds, ALS, etc.
- Avoid in pregnancy. See staff clinician notes for more details on proper usage.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (als)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan