Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Angina
What Is Angina?
Angina - Basics
Angina is characterized by pain in the chest brought on by the lack of oxygen-rich blood reaching an area of the heart. This discomfort can also occur in the neck, shoulders, back, arms or jaw. Angina is not a disease, but instead a symptom of a heart problem.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Angina.
What Patterns Are Related To Angina?
Angina - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of angina generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of angina:Blood StagnationHeart Qi DeficiencyHeart Yang DeficiencyHeart Yin DeficiencyPhlegm Stagnation
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Angina Is Discussed
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Basic Mineral and Vitamin Supplements Could Limit Covid-19 Progression (Study)
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Angina?
Angina - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for angina that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with angina:
3 Points Are Empirically Important For Angina
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about angina? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums