Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Ankylosing Spondylitis
What Is Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Ankylosing Spondylitis - Basics
Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) is a form of arthritis that primarly affects the spine. It will often involve the sacroiliac (SI) joint and other joints other than the spine may become involved. In advanced cases it may contribute to the formation of bone in the spine which may fuse the spine together restricting movement. Functionally an autoimmune disorder, Chinese Medicine diagnosis is critical as it may arise from a range of patterns. Kidney yin deficiency would be common, but other spleen disorders may also be involved.
What Patterns Are Related To Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Ankylosing Spondylitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of ankylosing spondylitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of ankylosing spondylitis:Kidney Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Ankylosing Spondylitis Is Discussed
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
- Meditation Aids Focus and Brain Function
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Tai Chi Reduces Systemic Inflammation in Practitioners
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Ankylosing Spondylitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for ankylosing spondylitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with ankylosing spondylitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about ankylosing spondylitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)
- Emphysema healed