Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Ankylosing Spondylitis
What Is Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Ankylosing Spondylitis - Basics
Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) is a form of arthritis that primarly affects the spine. It will often involve the sacroiliac (SI) joint and other joints other than the spine may become involved. In advanced cases it may contribute to the formation of bone in the spine which may fuse the spine together restricting movement. Functionally an autoimmune disorder, Chinese Medicine diagnosis is critical as it may arise from a range of patterns. Kidney yin deficiency would be common, but other spleen disorders may also be involved.
What Patterns Are Related To Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Ankylosing Spondylitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of ankylosing spondylitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of ankylosing spondylitis:Kidney Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Ankylosing Spondylitis Is Discussed
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tailored Tai Chi Training Outperformed Traditional Training in Balance and Muscle Strength Measures
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Study Shows Improvements in Mood from Meditation
- Need Focus and Impulse Control? - Practice Tai Chi
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Ankylosing Spondylitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for ankylosing spondylitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with ankylosing spondylitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about ankylosing spondylitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan