Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Aortic Stenosis
What Is Aortic Stenosis?
Aortic Stenosis - Basics
Aortic stenosis is a narrowing of the aorta, while treatable, it may contribute to weakness in the heart and other cardiac symptoms. Mild cases may not need treatment and are a good candidate for lifestyle/diet change and Chinese Medicine. In Chinese Medicine terms this is often related to the spleen system (digestion/inflammation).
What Patterns Are Related To Aortic Stenosis?
Aortic Stenosis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of aortic stenosis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of aortic stenosis:Heart Blood DeficiencySpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
- Study Shows Preventive Acupuncture Better for Dysmenorrhea (Cramps/Painful Menstruation)
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Aortic Stenosis?
Aortic Stenosis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for aortic stenosis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with aortic stenosis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about aortic stenosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums