Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Aphonia - Dysphonia
What Is Aphonia - Dysphonia?
Aphonia - Dysphonia - Basics
Aphonia is the inability to speak. It can be caused by any injury that prevents the vocal cords from coming together and vibrating. When a person speaks, the vocal folds come together over the trachea and vibrate, producing sound. If the vocal folds cannot meet together to vibrate, sound will not be produced. Dysphonia is an impairment in the ability to produce vocal sounds. The dysphonic voice can be hoarse or excessively breathy, harsh, or rough.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Aphonia/Dysphonia.
What Patterns Are Related To Aphonia - Dysphonia?
Aphonia - Dysphonia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of aphonia - dysphonia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of aphonia - dysphonia:Shen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Research Shows Acupuncture Can Benefit Both Cognitive Performance and Neural Plasticity
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Common Household Chemicals May Cause Fertility Issues
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Eight Brocades Qigong Practitioners Experience Health Improvements Beyond Normal Exercise (Study)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about aphonia - dysphonia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Corona Virus and western medicine
- Varicocele grade 3
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge