Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Aphonia - Dysphonia
What Is Aphonia - Dysphonia?
Aphonia - Dysphonia - Basics
Aphonia is the inability to speak. It can be caused by any injury that prevents the vocal cords from coming together and vibrating. When a person speaks, the vocal folds come together over the trachea and vibrate, producing sound. If the vocal folds cannot meet together to vibrate, sound will not be produced. Dysphonia is an impairment in the ability to produce vocal sounds. The dysphonic voice can be hoarse or excessively breathy, harsh, or rough.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Aphonia/Dysphonia.
What Patterns Are Related To Aphonia - Dysphonia?
Aphonia - Dysphonia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of aphonia - dysphonia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of aphonia - dysphonia:Shen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Helpful for Simple Obesity (Weight Loss)
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about aphonia - dysphonia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia