Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Aphonia - Dysphonia
What Is Aphonia - Dysphonia?
Aphonia - Dysphonia - Basics
Aphonia is the inability to speak. It can be caused by any injury that prevents the vocal cords from coming together and vibrating. When a person speaks, the vocal folds come together over the trachea and vibrate, producing sound. If the vocal folds cannot meet together to vibrate, sound will not be produced. Dysphonia is an impairment in the ability to produce vocal sounds. The dysphonic voice can be hoarse or excessively breathy, harsh, or rough.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Aphonia/Dysphonia.
What Patterns Are Related To Aphonia - Dysphonia?
Aphonia - Dysphonia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of aphonia - dysphonia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of aphonia - dysphonia:Shen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Experience Counts in Massage Therapy
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
- Acupuncture Related Stimulation Found Helpful for Asthma
- Qigong found helpful for Diabetes Patients
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about aphonia - dysphonia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums