Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Aphonia - Dysphonia
What Is Aphonia - Dysphonia?
Aphonia - Dysphonia - Basics
Aphonia is the inability to speak. It can be caused by any injury that prevents the vocal cords from coming together and vibrating. When a person speaks, the vocal folds come together over the trachea and vibrate, producing sound. If the vocal folds cannot meet together to vibrate, sound will not be produced. Dysphonia is an impairment in the ability to produce vocal sounds. The dysphonic voice can be hoarse or excessively breathy, harsh, or rough.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Aphonia/Dysphonia.
What Patterns Are Related To Aphonia - Dysphonia?
Aphonia - Dysphonia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of aphonia - dysphonia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of aphonia - dysphonia:Shen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about aphonia - dysphonia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions