Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Aphonia - Dysphonia
What Is Aphonia - Dysphonia?
Aphonia - Dysphonia - Basics
Aphonia is the inability to speak. It can be caused by any injury that prevents the vocal cords from coming together and vibrating. When a person speaks, the vocal folds come together over the trachea and vibrate, producing sound. If the vocal folds cannot meet together to vibrate, sound will not be produced. Dysphonia is an impairment in the ability to produce vocal sounds. The dysphonic voice can be hoarse or excessively breathy, harsh, or rough.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Aphonia/Dysphonia.
What Patterns Are Related To Aphonia - Dysphonia?
Aphonia - Dysphonia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of aphonia - dysphonia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of aphonia - dysphonia:Shen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Common Household Chemicals May Cause Fertility Issues
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Looking at the unwell can make you well...
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Acupuncture effective for cancer patients with persistent hiccups
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about aphonia - dysphonia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Interaction with Simvastatin 40 mg - Te Xiao Bi Min Gan Wan
- Can you please let me know how to treat the Gynacomastia issues
- Please suggest Accupuncture points for ring worm
- Venous prolapse will call heavy legs in tcm terms
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Urethrocele in Water CF
- Bells palsy herbs
- Numbness throughout entire body
- Removing Blockages
- acupuncture points for hair loss