Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Appendicitis
What Is Appendicitis?
Appendicitis - Basics
Appendicitis occurs when the appendix becomes infected and swells. The most characteristic symptom is the gradual onset of abdominal pain, in addition to nausea and loss of appetite.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Appendicitis.
What Patterns Are Related To Appendicitis?
Appendicitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of appendicitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of appendicitis:Large Intestine Blood StagnationLarge Intestine Damp HeatSpleen and Stomach Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Appendicitis Is Discussed
- A Brief History of Acupuncture in the West
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Meditation Aids Focus and Brain Function
- Study Finds Acupuncture Superior To Claritin For Allergic Rhinitis
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Appendicitis?
Appendicitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for appendicitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with appendicitis:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Appendicitis
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Appendicitis
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Appendicitis
Da Huang Mu Dan Pi Wan (Rhubarb and Moutan Combination)
- Breaks up heat, moves blood stagnation and reduces swelling, release through the bowels - appendicitis, lower abdominal distension with pain, intestinal abscesses, hemorrhoids.
- Post surgical infections, particularly in the colon and/or lower warmer.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Groin pain relieved by flexing hip and without urinary difficulty (but with symptoms similar to a UTI).
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- As this formula will cause looser stools use with caution in deficient and/or elderly patients.
- Used for general appendicitis - avoid in infant appendicitis, or appendicitis with necrosis, peritonitis and/or parasites.
Huo Luo Xiao Ling Wan (Miraculously Effective Pill To Invigorate The Collaterals)
- A range of pain related issues when they arise from qi and blood stagnation (both acute and chronic) - pain essentially anywhere in the body, bruises and swelling and other signs of stasis. May often be combined with other formulas which deal more with the root issues.
- Abdominal masses, fibroids, cysts as well as organ related issues such as cirrhosis, appendicitis and inflammatory conditions such as endometriosis.
- May be used to help clear an ectopic pregnancy with the right factors.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Avoid with heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Use only under direction if you are taking blood thinners.
- Generally not for long term use.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about appendicitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums