Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Arrhythmia (Palpitations)
What Is Arrhythmia (Palpitations)?
Arrhythmia (Palpitations) - Basics
An arrhythmia occurs when the heart beats irregularly--either too fast, too slow or with an abnormal rhythm. Symptoms of an arrhythmia include dizziness, chest pain, shortness of breath and sweating.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Arrhythmia.
What Patterns Are Related To Arrhythmia (Palpitations)?
Arrhythmia (Palpitations) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of arrhythmia (palpitations) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of arrhythmia (palpitations):Blood StagnationHeart Qi DeficiencyHeart Yang DeficiencyHeart Yin DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencyLiver Yin DeficiencySpleen Qi DeficiencySpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Labor Induction with Acupuncture Helpful and Cost Effective Vs. Conventional Methods
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
- Electro Acupuncture Helpful to Reduce Post-Operative Pain Following Spinal Surgery
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Moxibustion Found To Suppress Colon Inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis
- SP 6 Acupuncture Point Effect on Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Pain/Cramps)
- Acupuncture for Bell's Palsy - Initial Results Vary with Age, BMI and Pain Levels
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Arrhythmia (Palpitations)?
Arrhythmia (Palpitations) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for arrhythmia (palpitations) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with arrhythmia (palpitations):
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Arrhythmia (Palpitations)
The Following (3)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Arrhythmia (Palpitations)
Ba Zhen Wan (Eight Treasure Combination)
- For recovery of qi and blood after acute trauma or accident
- For frequent heavy menstrual cycles
- Pale complexion, fatigue, dizziness from qi deficiency
- Vertigo, palpitations, anxiety from blood deficiency
- Do not confuse with Ba Zheng Wan - which is a clearing formula.
Gui Pi Wan (Restore the Spleen Formula)
- The formula is used to tonify both the spleen and heart which can be damaged from excessive overthinking, compulsions, etc. along with poor dietary habits and stressful lifestyle.
- Anxiety, phobias, palpitations, insomnia, dream disturbed sleep, poor appetite, pallid complexion.
- In women spleen and heart deficiencies may lead to prolonged periods with little flow or early periods, heavier with pale blood.
Tian Wang Bu Xin Wan (Emperor of Heavens Special Pill to Tonify the Heart)
- Anxiety, insomnia, irritability, night sweats, hot flashes, flushing or sensation of heat in the palms due to deficiency heat.
- Insomnia, poor memory, poor focus and concentration due to yin deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about arrhythmia (palpitations)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums