Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Astigmatism
What Is Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Basics
Astigmatism can cause images to appear blurry and stretched out arising from a curved, or football shaped, cornea.
What Patterns Are Related To Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of astigmatism generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of astigmatism:Heart Yin DeficiencyKidney Jing DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for astigmatism that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with astigmatism:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about astigmatism? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums