Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Astigmatism
What Is Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Basics
Astigmatism can cause images to appear blurry and stretched out arising from a curved, or football shaped, cornea.
What Patterns Are Related To Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of astigmatism generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of astigmatism:Heart Yin DeficiencyKidney Jing DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for astigmatism that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with astigmatism:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about astigmatism? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia