Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Astigmatism
What Is Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Basics
Astigmatism can cause images to appear blurry and stretched out arising from a curved, or football shaped, cornea.
What Patterns Are Related To Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of astigmatism generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of astigmatism:Heart Yin DeficiencyKidney Jing DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for astigmatism that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with astigmatism:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about astigmatism? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Inflammed cracked calloused feet
- Hot and full ears
- Swelling face, low blood pressure and hemoroid
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux