Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Astigmatism
What Is Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Basics
Astigmatism can cause images to appear blurry and stretched out arising from a curved, or football shaped, cornea.
What Patterns Are Related To Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of astigmatism generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of astigmatism:Heart Yin DeficiencyKidney Jing DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Astigmatism?
Astigmatism - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for astigmatism that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with astigmatism:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about astigmatism? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Intense itching in the same spot
- issue of urine drops
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines