Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Atherosclerosis
What Is Atherosclerosis?
Atherosclerosis - Basics
Atherosclerosis is a disease in which plaque builds up inside your arteries, limiting the flow of oxygen-rich blood to your body. Typically symptoms are not seen until your arteries are severely narrow or completely blocked. This can lead to serious problems, such as Coronary Artery Disease, Carotid Artery Disease, and Peripheral Arterial Disease.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Atherosclerosis.
What Patterns Are Related To Atherosclerosis?
Atherosclerosis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of atherosclerosis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of atherosclerosis:Blood StagnationKidney Qi DeficiencyLiver Qi StagnationPhlegm Stagnation
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Atherosclerosis Is Discussed
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Formula Shown To Prevent Post-Menopause Atherosclerosis
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Massage Therapy Can Lower Blood Pressure
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Integrated Amrita Meditation Technique Lowers Stress Hormones Cortisol and Adrenaline
- Acupuncture for Bell's Palsy - Initial Results Vary with Age, BMI and Pain Levels
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Tai Chi Found To Slow Early Parkinson's Progression Delaying Need For Levodopa
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Atherosclerosis?
Atherosclerosis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for atherosclerosis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with atherosclerosis:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Atherosclerosis
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Atherosclerosis
San Huang Xie Xin Wan (Drain The Epigastrium Decoction)
- Damp-heat excess with interior climbing - fever, restlessness, red eyes, constipation, possibly in severe cases delirium from high fever.
- A range of digestive/epigastric issues from damp-heat - gastroenteritis, hepatitis, dysentary, hemorrhoids, etc.
- Certain psychological conditions with damp-heat background - schizophrenia, anxiety, as well as obstructive conditions such as sleep apnea.
- Due to the "clear heat in the blood" aspect, possible usages for digestive bleeding, vascular headaches, trigeminal neuralgia, epistaxis, dental abscesses, mouth sores, etc.
- Has a broad anti-inflammatory effect, accordingly with the right underlying patterns may be used for atherosclerosis, upper respiratory infections and issues such as diabetic nephropathy.
- Generally not meant for long-term use. Once desired results are achieved the formula should be stopped.
- Not for use during pregnancy or during nursing.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about atherosclerosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums