Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Atherosclerosis
What Is Atherosclerosis?
Atherosclerosis - Basics
Atherosclerosis is a disease in which plaque builds up inside your arteries, limiting the flow of oxygen-rich blood to your body. Typically symptoms are not seen until your arteries are severely narrow or completely blocked. This can lead to serious problems, such as Coronary Artery Disease, Carotid Artery Disease, and Peripheral Arterial Disease.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Atherosclerosis.
What Patterns Are Related To Atherosclerosis?
Atherosclerosis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of atherosclerosis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of atherosclerosis:Blood StagnationKidney Qi DeficiencyLiver Qi StagnationPhlegm Stagnation
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Atherosclerosis Is Discussed
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Massage Therapy Can Lower Blood Pressure
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Want To Avoid Another Stroke? Utilize Acupuncture... (Study)
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Acupuncture effective for Temporomandibular Disorders
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Atherosclerosis?
Atherosclerosis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for atherosclerosis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with atherosclerosis:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Atherosclerosis
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about atherosclerosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions