Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)
What Is Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Basics
Athlete's Foot, or tinea pedis, is a common fungal infection of the feet, most often between the toes, involving itching, scaling and redness.
What Patterns Are Related To Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of athlete's foot (tinea pedis) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of athlete's foot (tinea pedis):Liver WindLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen and Stomach Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Related Stimulation Found Helpful for Asthma
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Study Finds Tai Chi Helpful for Parkinson's Disease
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Qigong Helpful for Chronic Neck Pain Sufferers
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for athlete's foot (tinea pedis) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with athlete's foot (tinea pedis):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about athlete's foot (tinea pedis)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions