Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)
What Is Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Basics
Athlete's Foot, or tinea pedis, is a common fungal infection of the feet, most often between the toes, involving itching, scaling and redness.
What Patterns Are Related To Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of athlete's foot (tinea pedis) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of athlete's foot (tinea pedis):Liver WindLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen and Stomach Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Integrated Amrita Meditation Technique Lowers Stress Hormones Cortisol and Adrenaline
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for athlete's foot (tinea pedis) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with athlete's foot (tinea pedis):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about athlete's foot (tinea pedis)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan