Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)
What Is Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Basics
Athlete's Foot, or tinea pedis, is a common fungal infection of the feet, most often between the toes, involving itching, scaling and redness.
What Patterns Are Related To Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of athlete's foot (tinea pedis) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of athlete's foot (tinea pedis):Liver WindLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen and Stomach Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for athlete's foot (tinea pedis) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with athlete's foot (tinea pedis):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about athlete's foot (tinea pedis)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)
- Emphysema healed