Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)
What Is Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Basics
Athlete's Foot, or tinea pedis, is a common fungal infection of the feet, most often between the toes, involving itching, scaling and redness.
What Patterns Are Related To Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of athlete's foot (tinea pedis) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of athlete's foot (tinea pedis):Liver WindLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen and Stomach Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Pulse Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine - Starting A Modern Scientific Method
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Tai Chi Found To Slow Early Parkinson's Progression Delaying Need For Levodopa
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for athlete's foot (tinea pedis) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with athlete's foot (tinea pedis):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about athlete's foot (tinea pedis)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge
- Crepey skin on upper arms
- Treatment for Gastroparesis
- Pins and Needles / Neuropathy
- Thyroid nodule recommendations?
- Family member in Coma
- How to differentiate between the root cause and the branch?
- Urinary Bladder (Uncommon) Disorder
- The significance of source points