Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)
What Is Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Basics
Athlete's Foot, or tinea pedis, is a common fungal infection of the feet, most often between the toes, involving itching, scaling and redness.
What Patterns Are Related To Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of athlete's foot (tinea pedis) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of athlete's foot (tinea pedis):Liver WindLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatSpleen and Stomach Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Massage Therapy Can Lower Blood Pressure
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis)?
Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for athlete's foot (tinea pedis) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with athlete's foot (tinea pedis):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about athlete's foot (tinea pedis)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps