Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Atrial Fibrillation
What Is Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial Fibrillation - Basics
Atrial fibrillation, or A Fib, is a disorder in the heart's electrical system leading to a problem with the speed or rhythm of the heart. It is the most common type of arrhythmia.
What Patterns Are Related To Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial Fibrillation - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of atrial fibrillation generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of atrial fibrillation:Blood StagnationHeart Yin DeficiencyLiver Qi Stagnation
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Atrial Fibrillation Is Discussed
- Stroke Rehabilitation with Acupuncture, Tuina, and Tong Ren Therapy
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Tai Chi for Balance in Elderly Practitioners
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial Fibrillation - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for atrial fibrillation that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with atrial fibrillation:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about atrial fibrillation? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums