Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Atrial Fibrillation
What Is Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial Fibrillation - Basics
Atrial fibrillation, or A Fib, is a disorder in the heart's electrical system leading to a problem with the speed or rhythm of the heart. It is the most common type of arrhythmia.
What Patterns Are Related To Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial Fibrillation - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of atrial fibrillation generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of atrial fibrillation:Blood StagnationHeart Yin DeficiencyLiver Qi Stagnation
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Atrial Fibrillation Is Discussed
- Stroke Rehabilitation with Acupuncture, Tuina, and Tong Ren Therapy
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial Fibrillation - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for atrial fibrillation that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with atrial fibrillation:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about atrial fibrillation? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums