Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
What Is Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD/ADD)?
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD/ADD) - Basics
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD/ADD) is a childhood disorder characterized by an individual's difficulty to control his/her behavior and remain focused, and/or hyperactivity. Children with ADHD/ADD will exhibit symptoms of inattention (difficulty focusing on and completing tasks, processing information, daydreaming), hyperactivity (fidgeting in seat, constantly in motion) and/or impulsivity (impatience, speaking or acting without restraint) to a higher degree than other children.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Attention Deficit Disorder.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Qigong found helpful for Diabetes Patients
- Need Focus and Impulse Control? - Practice Tai Chi
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Senobi Breathing Stretch May Reduce Need for Emergency Asthma Treatment
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Acupuncture effective for Temporomandibular Disorders
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD/ADD)?
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD/ADD) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for attention deficit disorder (adhd/add) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with attention deficit disorder (adhd/add):
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
Shen Jing Shuai Ruo Wan (Stress Reducing Pill)
- For common variants of the modern western lifestyle - in Chinese Medicine terms, calms the spirit, balance liver and kidney yin, for a range of psycho-emotional and physical issues from chronic stress and mental overwork. Symptoms may include insomnia, dizziness, inability to focus, memory problems, fatigue, palpitations, and/or tinnitus.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about attention deficit disorder (adhd/add)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums